Qv News

Cunard Cruiser

I read this from Seatrade -

Cunard prepares for third Queen

16/8/2005

Cunard Line is preparing to become a 'Three Queen' fleet for the first time in its 165-year history. Work is well advanced on the line's new build Queen Victoria at Fincantieri's Marghera yard near Venice. The new Queen is scheduled to enter service in Cunard livery late 2007 or early 2008, Cunard's European president Carol Marlow told Seatrade

Insider yesterday. She was speaking on board Queen Mary 2 after the Master, officers and crew of the flagship had been presented with the Freedom of the City of

Southampton. 'Work is very well advanced,' said Marlow. 'I have studied the plans

and Queen Victoria will be a very distinct Cunarder. We will be revealing

more details later this year and she will enter service late in 2007 or

early in 2008.' When she does so, she will join QM2 and Queen Elizabeth 2, currently

enjoying strong seasons, added Marlow. 'Both QM2 and QE2 are having a very strong year and the fact that both liners are offering world cruises in 2007 has already generated

enormous interest. We will move towards revealing more details about Queen

Victoria in September,' she added. Originally, Cunard's Queen Victoria was to have entered service this year, but the order for the Vista class vessel was switched to Cunard's Carnival Corporation sister line P&O Cruises and introduced as Arcadia

last April. The order book switch has given the Carnival and Cunard design team

time to create new public room layouts and other features which will give

the liner a unique appeal to Cunard passengers old and new, added Marlow.

I was on QM2 Crossing 09 August. The day before we arrived Southampton ther was a blurb in the newspaper about pre-booking. Mainly QE2 and QM2 schedules where listed.

They said we cold 'pre-book' the inagural 2008 sailings on the QV if we wished to onboard.

YUP I made a $300 per person (2 cabins) deposit on the QV.

I was told these pre-bookings would get the first notifications when schedules were done.. even before they schedules and materials were sent to travel agents.

Where will QV be based and what is her planned voyage schedule??

Was told 'pay your $300 and be the first to KNOW'. They think she will be more costal cruises (QE2 doing mainly Crossings and QM2 doing Crossings and other specialty cruises)...they 'hope' to Alaska.

Was told very very specifically she WILL have the current three-class system of main dining, Princess Grill and Queen's Grill as other Cunard ships. I am specifically 'booked' into a Q5 suite on some cruise somewhere sometime in 2008.

Heard also she will be a smaller ship .. smaller than QE2 .. and that when combined the QV and QE2 would be smaller than the QM2.

I loved the QM2 for a crossing. The smaller intimate ship should be outstanding for costal and specialty cruises!

Archived