Behind the Fun Questions

jaylev0720

The DW and I are looking into doing the Behind the Fun tour. First of all, is it worth the price? Secondly, is it just the days at sea that it is offered? Lastly, has anyone done this tour on the Glory?

Thanks in advance!!

$55 Fantasy class. $95 all others.

Last day of the cruise if it is a sea day.

Others have done the tour on the Glory previously, yes.

Edited by Disconnections

I think it's worth it to do once. DH did it once on Valor and again with me on the Imagination and would probably do it again on a Dream class ship. I enjoyed it, but seeing the engine room once was enough for me. Going to the bridge was the highlight for me. You see crew deck, engine, bridge, laundry, galley and back stage/dressing room of the theater. Other areas too that I am probably forgetting.

We did this on the last sea day on the Conquest. We signed up for the tour as soon as possible after boarding the ship since I had read about it here on CC and knew it would book up quickly.

We saw the engine room, the bridge where we met the Captain and a few crewmembers and posed for a picture, crew quarters, laundry, galley and theater stage and dressing area, and crew members dining area.

There may have been some other areas that I forgot. There was a lot of walking around, back and forth, and climbing stairs. It was a very active tour but well worth the price.

We did this tour on the Pride. Yes, it was the last sea day. I'm definitely glad we did. It does take quite a bit of time, we met early morning in a specified bar, they had coffee, tea, and Danish available to eat while we waited for everyone. A brief instruction and get wanded by security. Security stays with the group throughout the tour. We saw some areas of the ship that were very interesting. Some people have said they saw the brig and the morgue, we did not.

Loved getting our picture taken with the captain. They sent a plate of sweet treats to our cabin that day. I'm thinking we did not finish until 12:15 or so, and I think we met at 8 or 8:30. I'm glad we did the tour when we did, it was dreary, cold, rainy and windy on that day, heading back to Baltimore. So I didn't miss out on sunning on the deck anyway. :)

We did this tour on the Pride. Yes, it was the last sea day. I'm definitely glad we did. It does take quite a bit of time, we met early morning in a specified bar, they had coffee, tea, and Danish available to eat while we waited for everyone. A brief instruction and get wanded by security. Security stays with the group throughout the tour. We saw some areas of the ship that were very interesting. Some people have said they saw the brig and the morgue, we did not.

Loved getting our picture taken with the captain. They sent a plate of sweet treats to our cabin that day. I'm thinking we did not finish until 12:15 or so, and I think we met at 8 or 8:30. I'm glad we did the tour when we did, it was dreary, cold, rainy and windy on that day, heading back to Baltimore. So I didn't miss out on sunning on the deck anyway. :)

If I remember correctly after security wanded us they were only there for our time in engine control room and the bridge.

If I remember correctly after security wanded us they were only there for our time in engine control room and the bridge.

When we did the tour on the Dream in 2010, the security associate stayed with us throughout the entire duration of the tour and actively participated with asking questions to the guide and even answering questions the guide couldn't.

Edited by Disconnections

We had a security guard with us. Asked DH just now and he also said yes, do not know if there was a special circumstance with our group? I swear, I did not cause any trouble :eek:

Just did this on the Glory on Oct 10th. Definitely worth the money. I had done this last year on the Imagination. We did get to see backstage/dressing room, galley, engine control room, lots of crew area (not crew quarters), I-95 and most of the storage and what not along that area, laundry, and finally the bridge and meeting the captain. We did get to the brig and morgue, they just didn't open the doors.

I've done it three times on three different ship classes, and will probably do it again on Freedom this week. It is well-worth it. Some tours will be more informative than others depending on who gives the tour and which areas might be inaccessible, but I've always learned something new.

$55 Fantasy class. $95 all others.

Not quite correct. It is $55 on ships without a steakhouse, and $95 on ships with a steakhouse. Hence it was $55 on Victory, which is not a small ship.

The $95 includes a longer tour, more stops including the steakhouse, and better schwag...although our $55 tour on Imagination ended up running a half-hour longer than normal due to a great visit to Engine Control.

Not quite correct. It is $55 on ships without a steakhouse, and $95 on ships with a steakhouse. Hence it was $55 on Victory, which is not a small ship.

The $95 includes a longer tour, more stops including the steakhouse, and better schwag...although our $55 tour on Imagination ended up running a half-hour longer than normal due to a great visit to Engine Control.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

We had a security guard with us. Asked DH just now and he also said yes, do not know if there was a special circumstance with our group? I swear, I did not cause any trouble :eek:

Could be they changed it after our tour. Was worth every penny of the $ 95.

As others have said, yes, it's worth the amount of money for it. You get to see areas of the ship that you wouldn't normally see, and you learn new things. I've learned things that have been questioned and doubted when I reported them back here. That's fine, it means that I have the inside edge when things come up again.

We did the "Behind the Fun" tour on the Liberty last month. It is worth the price and I can highly recommend it. It was fun to meet the Captain. Yes, security was with us throughout the trip. Since the tour is limited, I recommend early booking.

Can you define schwag for me please? And do you get to sample any food in the Steakhouse? :p

Oh, I am so hoping to be able to surprise my DH with a Behind the scenes tour! I will have to send him to check our room while I arrange this for him. It's not something *I* would enjoy, so am just going to send him.

I'm glad to hear about how others enjoyed it! Thanks a bunch!

ah... behind the Fun, behind the scene... semantics.. :)

Edited by GrummanTiger