Do-it-yourself Xcaret excursion

sepia

We are visiting Cozumel via Carnival (Triumph) in November. We'll be docked at the Puerto Maya pier from 7am to midnight. We would like to visit Xcaret on our own (taking in the evening show which is 6pm to 8:15pm) which seems to be doable. We're looking at taking a taxi from Playa de Carmen to Xcaret. My concern is catching the 9pm ferry from Playa de Carmen to Cozumel. How consistent is the ferry? Is it easy to catch a taxi once we leave Xcaret? Has anyone done this excursion on their own from Cozumel? If you can help with my questions, I would really appreciate it. All comments and advice is welcome. Thanks.

You will be seriously pressed for time to catch the 9 oclock ferry from Playa. Yes, taxis are waiting but the show is never over on time. Then you have to walk quiet a ways to get out of the park to the enterance with the crowd of other people leaving. You will have to walk a few blocks when you get to Playa. The next ferry leaving Playa is at 11 pm, not one at 10. You would not have enough time to get to ship on time if you missed the ferry at 9! Option is to leave before the show is over and miss the crowds leaving...I would suggest being at the enterance to get into a taxi by 8 to be safe. Trust me on this, I miss the 9 ferry at least once a week!

• 3 weeks later...

Sepia, I will look forward to hearing back from you after your trip. My trip is the 1st week of February. Since we will be in port so long, I thought the Xcaret would be great. I want to see the show. I sure wish there was a 10 PM ferry.

Archived