Noisy Under the Galley??

LisaT12

Does anyone have any experience with having a cabin directly under the galley? Is it noisy in the moring when they are preparing for breakfast? Would we be able to hear it in our cabin?

Thanks.....

We did it once and never again! At about 4am every morning they started chopping on stainless steel. It woke everyone up and the kids were cranky all day, every day on that cruise.

The other bad spot was when we were over the main showroom. We heard all the rehearsals, shows, shopping and excursion talks in our room as if there were no walls at all.

Both of these locations were where we assigned when we booked a guarantee. Never again will I let them choose my cabin, even if I have to pay more.

We were under the galley on the Triumph and it wasn't bad at all. Heard a bump or scratch every once in a while. But we were really only in our room to sleep. We have a room booked on the Magic in February and it looks like it may be under the galley again, but I'm not too worried!

What was your cabin number on the Triumph under the galley?

I think it was 2349 or 2353. It was right on the edge of the galley and dining room. The Cove balcony we have on the Magis is 2346 which is in the little nook between the dining room and large area of the galley....hoping it is as quite as on the Triumph.