To Laminate.. or Not To Laminate..

surfjock27

We cruise the Breeze in 26 days and I'm a super organized person.

We're packed, everything printed out, etc.

Now on my past cruises I always laminate our luggage tags so they don't rip.

This cruise we are booked a 4J (handicapped cabin) and were told that we could be bumped.

I don't want to laminate the luggage tags then get bumped and have to pay again to have the new ones laminated.

Any advice? Anyone encounter this before?

Should I fight my OCD and just wait until the day before to have them laminated..

Or is the likelihood of us getting bumped this close, slim?

Thanks in advance. :)

Just "laminate" them with some packing tape. I have done that on the past two cruises that I have gone on, and they stay nice and sturdy. They even end up staying on through the rough trip of going through check in baggage of airports.

I print out the tag, place a few strips of packing tape on each side and they end up nice and protected.

We've never laminated in any form, just staple them onto the handle. I do print out our names, cabin number and contact info and place it inside the suitcase in case a luggage tag comes off, but that's never happened either.

Why is that?

My guess is the "Cruise Critic" logo advertised on the tags. LOL. My TA always prints out our luggage tags and sends them to us inside of the clear luggage tag holders just like those, but with no advertisement.

☺️

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I used to laminate. Now I use these:

luggagetag_holder.jpg

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I get my Cruise Luggage Tag Holders from Favors by Serendipity. They are like the ones you showed, but they have a grommet in the attachment hole. I just think they're a little stronger. Plus, they don't have the Cruise Critic logo on the bottom. I don't think that Cruise Critic logo will get your luggage "lost," but you never know. :)

OP, that laminating gets old fast, especially with multiple pieces of luggage. These holders really simplify the job, and they're very strong. If you do go this route, I'd recommend getting the longer plastic ties. If you go to the Favors website you'll find a good video showing the use. They do rush orders.

On the return from the cruise I put my name and address in the holder in case someone takes my bag by mistake (the other side says NOT YOUR BAG in big letters to give other folks the hint. Sometimes it's hard to spot your own bags on the luggage carousel.

Jim

We've never laminated in any form, just staple them onto the handle. I do print out our names, cabin number and contact info and place it inside the suitcase in case a luggage tag comes off, but that's never happened either.

I agree I have done the same for the last few cruises, no problem I just put them on at the cruise dock.

Gary

We had these but on our last Carnival cruise one of the porters wrote FTTF across them using black permanent ink. I haven't been able to use them since so naturally they were tossed.