Has anyone submitted 'bring a friend' online and actually had it actioned?

No, we recommended friends last year, and talked them in to travelling with us, when we didn't get the (I think it was $25 onboard credit) we were told no because our travel agent put it through as a group booking !

wendy

YES what Wendy said. Since my "group booking" rate exceeded the $25 oBC I guess I was just out of luck. I'm trying again for next month's cruise. :o

I have never had mine granted and have recommended several new people. But we always book and link our reservations together so I guess that maybe is considered a group booking and thus why we never got the credit.

Linking will not affect getting the refer a friend bonus. We link every trip. There are several other factors that could have affected your request however.

Can only get the OBC if you book through Royal directly - no TA can be involved. I think they should put that in instructions - would save a phone call!!

Not sure where you heard that, but I always use a TA & have qualified for the bonus in the past. true, the TA will not apply for the bonus for me, I have to do it on RCCL's website, but it only requires their name, DOB & reservation #. You can check pending requests online as well. They won't give you a response though until the guest has made final payment. If it is still pending, just call RCI before departure & you'll get a little note card in your cabin notifying you of the bonus.

I'm thinking there may have been another reason you didn't get it.... like me on my upcoming trip that I booked a year ago: I found out back in May that we qualified for a "group perk" through the TA, which meant changing our reservations slightly to get an additional $75 dining credit per cabin. Once that was done, we couldn't get the $25 bonus. But it's clearly stated in the rules that group booking are not eligible.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Can you tell me how you know when they've ok'd your application? Mine wouldn't go through online so I rang RC and they took the details and said they'll confirm near sailing. We go 2 weeks on Saturday. Do they send you a new invoice showing the OBC? I've referred a couple of cabins and booked the cruise direct.

Many thanks.

Can you tell me how you know when they've ok'd your application? Mine wouldn't go through online so I rang RC and they took the details and said they'll confirm near sailing. We go 2 weeks on Saturday. Do they send you a new invoice showing the OBC? I've referred a couple of cabins and booked the cruise direct.

Many thanks.

Login to the website, and under My Cruise, click Bring a Friend. On the left side you can click Bring A Friend History to see the current status.

Login to the website, and under My Cruise, click Bring a Friend. On the left side you can click Bring A Friend History to see the current status.

Thank you. i never would have found it otherwise. Mine was approved for my upcoming cruise.

Edited by janetjulie
clarity

We recently referred two couples who never sailed with RCI. Web site showed pending until 2 weeks before our departure then showed denied with no explanation so called. Was told we booked during a WOW sale and will already be getting $50 OBC as will one couple we referred. That will total $100 versus the $75 we would have received for ourself. Happy to share with a new cruiser but still feel it should not matter what conditions you booked under, a referral is a referral regardless.

Edited by ransrider