Something calm and happy please?

illybell

Seeing the 40 thousand posts on here of people running to hide under the covers about the illness-that-shall-not-be-named...I would love to see some people talking happy things :)

I'm going to be a first-timer in 57 days on the Glory and I'm super excited.

What's your favorite thing to do on your Carnival cruise? Any great moments/things that bring you to your happy place?

Ps: I want to clarify that I'm definitely not one of the doom and gloomers, I even live in the Cleveland/Akron area and I'd much rather think about my cruise :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are starting our vacation today! Board our first cruise on Sunday and have a Scenic Ocean View cabin :) Plus I managed to get OBC even though our cat was sold out! I am in a very happy place - just checking boards/email one more time and then we are off!

Also- please please please don't turn this into a fear debate, people are being vicious on both sides on here and that's just depressing.

Edited by illybell

We are starting our vacation today! Board our first cruise on Sunday and have a Scenic Ocean View cabin :) Plus I managed to get OBC even though our cat was sold out! I am in a very happy place - just checking boards/email one more time and then we are off!

Have an awesome time! I'll live vicariously through you guys going sooner so I can make it the next 2 months, haha

Just got off the Glory Saturday and ready to book again! In fact, if I were offered a free cruise on the Magic right now I would have them helicopter me on this second so I am also like you. I will still enjoy doing the things I love which includes cruising!

Anyway, I like to relax so I don't plan a lot. I just see what I feel like doing and go with the flow. Dive In theatre is good with popcorn in the evenings. There are also comedy shows. I wouldn't waste my time on the Hasbro Game Show or the Playlist Productions, although since you are a newbie, you might not recognize the serious decline in entertainment so it might be worth trying out the latter to see what you think.

Sea Day Brunch is great too.

Be sure to enjoy the sail away party with an adult beverage :D. My favorites are the Fun Ship Special and Kiss On The Lips.

It's your cruise and you can do as little or as much as you like. Have a GREAT time! Glory is my favorite.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Thank you firemanbobswife! I've seen a lot of mixed reviews, it's nice to know there's those who love her :)

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer. If she wasn't a great ship, I sure wouldn't be planning cruise #5 on her :) !

I am happy I can officially begin looking at cruises for next year. My company banned taking Mon-Friday off in late 2012. We could take 5 consecutive days off but not Mon-Fri. We have a new Operations V.P and he removed that policy last week. I can now look at 7-8 night cruises. I am super excited. I did not want to take another 4 or 5 night cruise.

So even with all that is going on, I am looking at a cruise for 2015 and I am pretty dayum excited about it.

To get me more pumped, I am searching for trip reports on Cruise Critic. When I find one I copy/paste the link into a spreadsheet. So far I have 12 LOL:D

When we get on the ship, I plan on making my DH the wobble. He finally learned it a couple of weeks ago for a wedding.

That's great Adriennerm! My work makes me find my own coverage for any shifts I need off and my coworkers are not cooperative. This is my first week long vaca in 4 years so I kinda feel your pain!

Hope you find something awesome

I'm happy because DH and I will be boarding the Freedom for the 1st time in 29 days! And in February I will taking my mother for her very 1st cruise ever on the Conquest! =)

2 times! I'm so jealous lol

I can't wait for our cruise in 44 days (who's counting)!! I like exploring on the ship, finding out of the way places that I might not see if just stay put. Check out the deck plans and find places to wander. You may not think of going all the way through the buffet area, out to the open deck where there's another pool, pizzeria and more! You can order a drink WITHOUT the souvenir glass, just ask (unless you really want them). I also like sitting on my balcony in the morning drinking coffee from room service, ahhhhh the life. I think that's my happy place...... :D

I'm very excited! We normally cruise in October for our anniversary, but got a great deal so decided to try November. And I've never done 2 cruises this close together! Hopefully my mother enjoys herself! My grand mother has decided to join us and she's a frequent HAL and NCL cruiser, this will be her 1st Carnival cruise! =)

That sounds lovely fridaythe13th :) I couldn't do a balcony this time (single supplement is a fun killer) but I did get one of the 1a rooms with the portholes so I can stare out my tiny windows and pretend lol

You want happy? Here it goes....In 37 days I will be cruising for 26 consecutive days!!!! :D:D:D

Holy macaroni batman! That is epic!

And I'm excited to hear that firemanbobswife! You don't happen to have any pictures do you? It's impossible to find any for Glory, I've been looking for weeks

That sounds lovely fridaythe13th :) I couldn't do a balcony this time (single supplement is a fun killer) but I did get one of the 1a rooms with the portholes so I can stare out my tiny windows and pretend lol

Hey, you're on the ship... That's what counts!! I feel your pain on the single supplement thing.....

Holy macaroni batman! That is epic!

And I'm excited to hear that firemanbobswife! You don't happen to have any pictures do you? It's impossible to find any for Glory, I've been looking for weeks

I'll have her send me some and post them here for you. It may be later today. Do you have the same room? I had 6393 which is a large 1A with 2 beds, no window. LOVED that room too!

That's awesome thank you, and I'm next door in 2216 which I read is a mirror copy of 2217

I didn't think of that andy.capitan :)

It's actually on the port side (vs starboard side as is 2217) and is it's "twin". I think everything will be "flip flopped", but you'll get the idea. That was my original room before I saw that 6393 was open :)