Princess Grill: Food questions

nuekruizer

Is there a different room service menu for princess grill cabin?

Can you get a late night Pizza delivery to your room?

How late is Kings Court open? What is available there late nights?

Would it be inappropriate to ask in advance for a special dinner item such as Lobster Thermidor, or a special dessert item in the Princess Grill Dining Room.? Thank you!

Is there a different room service menu for princess grill cabin? No, but if you ask your maître d' you can order from the PG menu.

Can you get a late night Pizza delivery to your room? Pizza isn't on the room service menu; but, if you ask politely, who knows?

How late is Kings Court open? What is available there late nights? Kings Court is open for late snacks from 11pm to 2am. Never tried it so I don't know what they are.

Would it be inappropriate to ask in advance for a special dinner item such as Lobster Thermidor, or a special dessert item in the Princess Grill Dining Room.? Sure, folks do it all the time. Thank you!

FYI I uploaded some recent PG, and other, menus here.

Dear pmb1, thank you for your reply to my frivolous questions. Your postings are extremely informative and helpful. I havent been back on QM2 for 8 years and I am soooooooo looking forward to my 5 day trip to halifax next July.!!:)
Not frivolous at all, nuekruizer. We took that July 1-6 cruise to Halifax back in 2009. But July 2015 will be devoted to longer 175th anniversary crossings. Lucky you if you can take Queen Mary 2 to Halifax on one of those.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the menus! One thing I did not see for Princess Grill was caviar. We were surprisingly upgraded to Queens Grill a few years back and I had the caviar appetizer from the "anytime" menu almost every night. Can you tell me if this is available in Princess as I'm not counting on the upgrade this year!

Thanks,

Melissa

Thank you for the menus! One thing I did not see for Princess Grill was caviar. We were surprisingly upgraded to Queens Grill a few years back and I had the caviar appetizer from the "anytime" menu almost every night. Can you tell me if this is available in Princess as I'm not counting on the upgrade this year!

Thanks,

Melissa

According to the ask.cunard.com site caviar can be purchased in PG while it is complementary in QG.

Four years ago it was hardly worth it. It was pasteurized for much greater shelf life but the heat process is a terrible thing to do to something so delicate. I'm no connoisseur but one doesn't need to be one to see black and broken fish eggs. Maybe the quality has improved since it's now a charge item.

Caviar is complimentary in QM2's Queens Grill, but you have to ask for it because it hasn't been on the menu for over two years now. And you can order it and be charged for it in Princess Grill. The last time I tried some (in QG in 2013) I found the flavor good but the texture mushy. Maitre d' Osmun offered to get a new can, but I told him not to bother.