Valor vs Sunshine

Dustin224

Currently deciding between Valor and Sunshine....

Valor to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St Kitts and St. Maarten

Sunshine to Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan and St Maarten

Any opinions on either....like more stops for Valor, but like the updated ship for Sunshine.....

The Valor is the best itinerary (it will be replaced by the Liberty next year which has more updates). The only downside is your 1 sea day is the 2nd day, wish it was towards the end as so many islands you need a recovery day. We have done this cruise twice; on Valor last month & Victory 2 yrs back.

If I did not like Barbados so much I would say Sunshine

Otherwise the ports are pretty equal. Sunshine is a nicer boat & much more features (great water park versus 1 slide on Valor although with only 1 sea day we spent little time on decks).

For that reason next Sept we are looking at Sunshine again (over the Valor when they will be both out of Port Canaveral.)

I also was up in the Ir between the valor and sunshine but went with valor because I am all about itinerary! We did the breeze last year and she was awesome... But for me it's all abou the destination....sunshine only has a few more amenities than valor does,,,IMHO

Personally for me I choose Sunshine even though the ports are terrible for May. The Valor just doesn't seem to offer as much and my son has now aged out of O2 so the Sports bar w video games will be his favorite fun. The Valor lacked even compared to the Dream -- we won't do Fantasy class because they don't have enough to do. He isnt a pool kid. He wants a full basketball court and I think the obstacle course looks fun.

I typically pick my cruise based by the date I can cruise. Sometimes my destination factors into it. I would have loved to have gone to better ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hands down, Valor gets my vote. St Kitts is AMAZING! And Maho beach (airplane beach) in St Maarten is a must see. That itinerary is AMAZING. Go for that one. If you have sailed on any of the Conquest ships, the Sunshine will probably feel very small/enclosed in comparison. I toured the Sunshine a few weeks back and it was so small feeling. And non smoking areas smelled like smoke, if that makes a difference to you...I smoke and so if it bothered me, I think that says a lot.

That being said, we are planning to go on the Sunshine next October to Bermuda:)

Anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on this as well.

We are looking at either the Valor or the Sunshine for next Thanksgiving and can't decide which we had rather do.

We just got off the Sunshine on Friday and had a good time but service was somewhat lacking versus other ships we have been on.

Our kids did love all the extra activities on the Sunshine so that may sway our decision.

• 2 months later...

We have never been on the Valor but are looking at a 7 day out of Port Canaveral in August. We have sailed on the Sunshine this past October with no bad smells, or cosmetic issues and found the ship to be beautiful. The one thing we didn't particularly enjoy was the smaller spaces. The wait in the hall way to enter the comedy club was by far the worst. It was extremely crowded and very, very warm. Which we found to be the case in the Lido restaurant as well. Not sure if this is an ongoing issue as we have read previous posts, but the air conditioning wasn't very effective in quite a few areas. We did attempt the serenity area as well on the Sunshine and although it was extremely beautiful, that too was always crowded. We have been on 8 Carnival cruises so far and absolutely love cruising. If the Valor is anything like the Liberty, I would probably prefer her over the Sunshine, but if the price was right and the itinerary was good, I would definitely sail on the Sunshine again. ImageUploadedByForums1419733433.054996.jpg.eaf38aa6963c0e4c12610cc842553211.jpg

Me 😃

ImageUploadedByForums1419733412.137424.jpg.00384529bf3a5a5de0c9da8ad477e90a.jpg

Valor!! Sailed on the sunshine when she was the destiny, and valor wins hands down. The ports are awesome, and the atmosphere is so much different sailing for San Juan-it was so fun!!

We sailed on the original "Destiny" in 2008. Didn't love the layout of the ship then, but hey we were on a cruise :)

Me 😃