1st time cruiser -- (Cruise Wedding)

pinklily116

Hey everyone!

So my fiance and I have planned a cruiseship wedding for next August on the Carnival Dream (yayy!) on embarkment day in New Orleans. We figured that it's the best option for us because Carnival basically does your whole wedding with very minimal decisions on my part, which is great b/c I'll be studying for the CPA and worried enough with just that. It's also great because I've always wanted a destination wedding and this is close enough to it. And our family can attend without having to cruise with us.

But... fiance and I are both first time cruisers so I don't know exactly what to expect. I've read numerous boards and I've learned a ton but I'm wondering about the beaches. We're REALLY looking forwards to the beaches.

Do I need to book an excursion just to go to the beach? Are the beaches in walking distance? I was hoping not to have to book an excursion just for this - we'll both be college grads so I'm a little nervous about the cost of everything at once (cruise wedding + cruise + excursions + other wedding things + travel)

Our itinerary is

1. Montego Bay, Jamaica

2. Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

3. Cozumel, Mexico

What are some of the excursions you would recommend (or not recommend) for these ports? Any tips, hints or suggestions would be great.

Thank you!

Congrats on your wedding! I hope it's everything you guys want! I will tell you that you want to book a Stingray Excursion in Grand Cayman..we used Stingray Sailings and they were AWESOME. This time I booked Carnival because they had one that hubby could do with his bad back ..Cozumel we've only ever explored the port and surrounding area...Have not been to Jamaica..again Congratulations!

Congrats....congrats

1. Montego Bay

Taxi or shuttle bus to Dr. Caves. Google their website. WONDERFUL

Great beach...shops....MARGARITTAVILLE FUN FUN FUN

2. Cozumel

PARADISE BEACH.....OMG....wonderful....google their website.

Taxi stand is right in the port...follow signs. 10 minute taxi ride. Free Admission...Gigantic pool right on the beach..bar...restaurant...on and on.

When you are ready to go back to the ship...tons of taxis and shuttle buses in the parking lot waiting to take everyone back to the port. Go at least an hour before you are supposed to be on board so you have time to get a souvenir in port. Great shopping there.

3. Grand Cayman:

https://www.caymanstingraycityunited.com/

This is what we did. Awesome...but there are great beaches also.

Montego Bay - take the hop on hop off shuttle or taxi to dr caves beach.

Cozumel- taxi. Mr Sanchos, paradise beach are good. Grand cayman- if you want to swim with stingrays then you may want an excursion otherwise get a taxi. The only time I ever booked an excursion to the beach is in Belize which is a tender port and they tendered directly to the private cay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pinklily116, when in Aug 2015 are you going? We will be on the Dream with the same itinerary on the Aug 30 sailing. Can't wait!!! My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

Carnival Fantasy 2006

Carnival Destiny 2011

Pinklily116, when in Aug 2015 are you going? We will be on the Dream with the same itinerary on the Aug 30 sailing. Can't wait!!! My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

Carnival Fantasy 2006

Carnival Destiny 2011

We are sailing August 16

We were stuck between the 16th and the 23. The 23rd sailing went to Belize which we really wanted but the wedding package that we wanted was already booked on that date so we opted for the 16th

And congrats on the wedding anniversary!

We are sailing August 16

We were stuck between the 16th and the 23. The 23rd sailing went to Belize which we really wanted but the wedding package that we wanted was already booked on that date so we opted for the 16th

And congrats on the wedding anniversary!

Thanks! Hope you have a wonderful cruise to begin your life together. Please write a review of your cruise when you return! :)

Carnival Fantasy 2006

Carnival Destiny 2011

Cozumel- I love Paradise Beach! Practically free and a really great day.

Montego Bay- If you only one to do one excursion, I would do it here. Not as safe as the other two ports. One of my favorite excursions of all time was the combo of Mystic Mtn ski lift/Jamaican "bob sled" ride through the rain forest/ Dunn's River Falls trip, but it is a LONG bus ride to Ochos Rios. It also includes a wonderful jerk chicken lunch at a very scenic restaurant. Unless you are up for the ride, I would look at other excursion choices. It was also pricey but worth the splurge.

Grand Caymen- We had so much fun with Captain Marvin's private excursion to the stingrays. (Book it over the Internet.) Seven-Mile Beach, though, IMHO, is a must-see! It is close to the port. Try the Royal Palms Beach Club. Just take a short taxi ride.

Best wishes! Have a wonderful wedding trip!

Edited by Grayton Beach Girl