Formal night

Hi my family and me will be going on the independence of the seas sampler cruise next week and I am unsure of how formal you actually have to dress for the formal night, also what plugs do you have to take with you?

Shirt and tie for the males - huge majority will wear a jacket. Females, would well matching appropriate dresses. Don't need need to be a formal gown, but it should not be a sundress either. Most females use the occasion to really dress up. So in a nutshell, tuxedo's, and gowns are not needed, but the huge majority will be dressed in suits, and gowns.

It's up to you how dressed up you want to be, but to give you a guide on what orders might be wearing...

My DH wears a tuxedo and I wear a cocktail/little black dress. From my experience the majority of men are in at least a suit, although there is some just in shirt/tie and some no tie. Ladies I have seen the full range from gowns, to cocktail dresses, to sparkly top/black pants.

We always take a couple of US adaptor plugs. As for formal night, my husband always wears a tux, and I wear an evening dress, sometimes long or short. You don't have to be too formal though, and it's certainly nothing to worry about- a suit for the men and a nice dress or smart trousers and top for the ladies would be just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just to clarify, there are none of our three pin sockets on board.

There are the flat blade 2 pin European type and the circular 2 pin American type.

Sent from my D6503 using Forums mobile app

Edited by safcftm

Hi my family and me will be going on the independence of the seas sampler cruise next week and I am unsure of how formal you actually have to dress for the formal night, also what plugs do you have to take with you?

You don't need to dress up at all. Don't worry, there will be several others in a nice pair of jeans and some type of shirt with a collar.

We stopped playing dress up years ago. Nobody will say anything. If others don't like it too bad. If they claim something so minor will ruin their experience, they clearly have major psychological problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app