Past Guest Appreciation Event - new sale!!

cruizinisthebest

Curious to see how this turns out...we booked a Thanksgiving cruise a few weeks ago and paid in full at the time of booking. This new sale lowers our fare by $40. I submitted the form through the Lowest Cost Guarantee, as there are still cabins available in our category. Hoping we can get the credit, but not sure. I would hope since it is for past guests they will do it. Fingers crossed!

Hope you get it resolved. It seems like the default response is to deny. But I have no problem picking up the phone and calling. I have only had one form accepted online. So they still have a long way to go for handling the forms better.

Curious to see how this turns out...we booked a Thanksgiving cruise a few weeks ago and paid in full at the time of booking. This new sale lowers our fare by $40. I submitted the form through the Lowest Cost Guarantee, as there are still cabins available in our category. Hoping we can get the credit, but not sure. I would hope since it is for past guests they will do it. Fingers crossed!

Unless you booked ES, the odds are low you can get the lower price.

Unless you booked ES, the odds are low you can get the lower price.

Really? That's a shame if they treat past customers that way, especially since it is a past guest appreciation rate. I'm still waiting to hear back though. ES wasn't available when we booked. I'll be calling to see what they can do if the form gets denied.

Our form was denied this morning. Just got off the phone and they were trying to tell me that to get that price I would have to switch cabins and I would lose all of my OBC that I had accumulated through other price drops. I remained calm and spoke to him nicely and just asked why when I had submitted other forms for price drops and never had any problems. He said he would look again and what do you know he got my price down and I got the extra $70 OBC. I truly think that most people must say fine to what they tell them. Anyway.. I am happy!!! If they say "no" at first try again.

I submitted a form this morning as well... denied. Just like everyone else. I did receive the discounted fare and OBC once I called. I'm paid in full and am able to see the new fare and OBC already reflected in my account, but shouldn't I also see another $40 in OBC for the fare reduction?

Thanks!

I submitted a form this morning as well... denied. Just like everyone else. I did receive the discounted fare and OBC once I called. I'm paid in full and am able to see the new fare and OBC already reflected in my account, but shouldn't I also see another $40 in OBC for the fare reduction?

Thanks!

Yes you should.

Thanks for your response! I called Carnival back and they told me that the OBC for a fare reduction requires a form submission on their end and takes 24 hours to update. Who knows... I'll check tomorrow and call back then if needed.

We booked ES and it is before final payment and we currently have $150 OBC. This sale is $30 less before tax/port fees and $9.40 more after. So, it doesn't qualify...correct? Or do I call and just try to see if they will give us the additional $60 OBC out of the deal? Never had opportunity for price drop in the past so trying to wade thru the "rules".

I would definitely call and ask. All they can say is no. But if you have a "sale rate" that already included OBC, you will lose that OBC for the new one.

For example, I had price matched to a sale a couple of weeks ago that had the $50 OBC. To get the current sale, I lost the $50 OBC to get the $70 OBC.

I don't get it. A 5 day sailing, interior room, is the same price or more expensive as our 8 day celebrity cruise with interior room. I wish we could go right now but we have to wait until April, and the prices haven't dropped for that. Plus-we learned our lesson last time with hoping it would go down-our last cruise in May, it only went down $50/person.

I do feel like I'm cheating on carnival but if I can get 8 days instead of 5, especially since we fly...I'm taking the 8.

Okay...NOW....after being rejected via email TWICE and calling TWICE...

I am ES paid in full.

Seemed like the first and second person I spoke to had NO idea what was going on and I gave in when they both told me I was not eligible. WHAT is the sense of having ES then????

After a few minutes of thinking about it, I called BACK for the THIRD time.

I not only got the $10 per day = $70......BUT......a $50 price drop.

YIPEEEEEEEEE

BE PERSISTENT EVERYONE

So the price of my cruise went up with this offer. I'm paid in full and have called twice to try to just get the OBC, but have been denied both times. I sent the form in and put in the notes that I don't want my fare to go up I was just hoping to get some OBC. What do yall think my chances are?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

So the price of my cruise went up with this offer. I'm paid in full and have called twice to try to just get the OBC, but have been denied both times. I sent the form in and put in the notes that I don't want my fare to go up I was just hoping to get some OBC. What do yall think my chances are?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

A

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely call and ask. All they can say is no. But if you have a "sale rate" that already included OBC, you will lose that OBC for the new one.

For example, I had price matched to a sale a couple of weeks ago that had the $50 OBC. To get the current sale, I lost the $50 OBC to get the $70 OBC.

Our $150 OBC was not from a sale but from a certificate so I'm going to call and see it I can get another $60!

Seriously, Carnival needs to stop denying eligible price drop forms! This is getting ridiculous. My cruise isn't until August so this sale doesn't apply to me, but I sure don't feel like going through the ringer to get adjustments if I'm eligible for future sales. We have 3 cabins booked! This will become like a part-time job. Geesh.

I called my TA this morning and initially was told that the price drop was for new bookings only. She called Carnival and they honored the price drop and the OBC - I just got a reduction of $510.00.

I was told that after final payment, this would not have been as easy to get.

I called my TA this morning and initially was told that the price drop was for new bookings only. She called Carnival and they honored the price drop and the OBC - I just got a reduction of $510.00.

I was told that after final payment, this would not have been as easy to get.

WOW...amazing. Your TA was wrong though. I read the fine print. It was not for new bookings. What a GREAT price drop you got. Were you ES?

I prefer calling over than filling out a form, and thanks to the OP's information I did just that (called my PVP, I have a great one). Got a $30 reduction and $80 on board credit instantly! Thanks! :)

Edited by Chris64