Past Guest Appreciation Event - new sale!!

cruizinisthebest

Aww. No OBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a dime. She did say that there would be other price drops before then and I would have to forgo this to get it. I did however get them to move us to a porthole room on my November trip and got the OBC for it. First call for it I was denied.

Not everyone books using a PVP. I know I don't.

Yes, that's correct. I'm providing my experience to those whose frustrations may lead them to consider using a PVP. This is what these boards are designed for: information sharing, such as yours which saved me $65 :)

Edited by sanmarcosman

Hey Rye, I remember discussing that the other week. Good luck getting this one done with only a couple of days. :) Steve

Woohoo!!! Got the price adjustment for all 3 cabins...another $110.00 OBC for our January 2014 sailing.

NOTE: I tried to get price adjustment refunded because final payment date hasn't arrived yet, even though I've paid 2 of my cabins off in full. Because of that, they are giving the OBC. In the future, I will probably not pay off my cabins in full so early.

Either way I got the $110.00 :D

Woohoo!!! Got the price adjustment for all 3 cabins...another $110.00 OBC for our January 2014 sailing.

NOTE: I tried to get price adjustment refunded because final payment date hasn't arrived yet, even though I've paid 2 of my cabins off in full. Because of that, they are giving the OBC. In the future, I will probably not pay off my cabins in full so early.

Either way I got the $110.00 :D

Good job.

I wasn't booked as Early Saver, but I called them about our cruise November 8 and was told as long as I upgraded my cabin I could take advantage of the deal. Went from cabin 6291 on the Glory to cabin 1052 for $20 total and received a $70 credit. Hopefully I made the right choice - it's only my second cruise and the square room I was originally in looked interesting because of the design, so I hope I don't regret the change.

If you have ES, then yes, you are eligible as long as the total cost (including taxes/fees) including the reduction for the OBC is less than what you currently have paid.

So, if your current rate is $1000. As long as the new rate including the OBC is less than $1000, you are eligible.

I don't believe that this is exactly correct. When price matching you do not match taxes and fees to get your discount. You just have to know that if the taxes and fees go up when you price match you will be charged the difference. But, to actually price match, you don't have to consider those.

Sooo if its been 30 minutes should I hold out hope that they accepted it since most of the denials were fairly immediate??

I don't know if that is a valid assumption. But I would call before 5pm ET and check to see if they have it. Also, make a screen snapshot in case you need that if the sale ends before you hear back.

I don't know if that is a valid assumption. But I would call before 5pm ET and check to see if they have it. Also, make a screen snapshot in case you need that if the sale ends before you hear back.

Would I call the regular Carnival number or is there another? Thanks to you alls tips, I made the screen shot and have it saved to my computer!

They denied me?!?!?!?!?!?!

But I called and I got 180 for OBC for the price change, moved up one floor, more midship than I was before, AND the $40 OBC as part of the promo! Who is a happy girl?! ME, SHE, HER!!!!!!!

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I called and I got 180 for OBC for the price change, moved up one floor, more midship than I was before, AND the $40 OBC as part of the promo! Who is a happy girl?! ME, SHE, HER!!!!!!!

glad to hear it all worked out. :)

Did you book ES? We were denied because we weren't ES, but are in a 4K so I don't want to upgrade to OV.

Did you book ES? We were denied because we weren't ES, but are in a 4K so I don't want to upgrade to OV.

Yes I booked ES. I was always ocean view just wanted to move up to Main instead of Riviera. I've never had an interior before. Plus I wanted my son to be able to look out the window and see the sea (or whatever it is to see when we dock). I've had a balcony before but my insane fear of my son falling over prevents me from doing balcony until he is much much, MUCH older!

Edited by MomofTheBoy

Can't sleep, so I go on the Carnival site just to check for middle of the night price drops, :p . No luck with that, but I do see under the deals section Carnival has a new pricing category for past guests. $10 OBC per day per stateroom. Two-category upgrade. Choose your room. Applies to sailings between October 2014-March 2015 where early saver has expired.

For those sailing or looking to book during that period, check it out. Good luck!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the heads up. Sent my first price protection form with guidance from a carnival rep while on the telephone, and it was still declined within about 1-2 hours after sending stating the rates available are more expensive then current booked rate.

I just called the number provided, stated that I submitted my price protection from and it was declined even with a CCL employee walking me through the procedure. His response, "we're still working out the kinks".

Price drop of $40, and $60 OBC, equal $100 OBC due to being paid in full. Whoo Hoo!!