Past Guest Appreciation Event - new sale!!

cruizinisthebest

Just for info, this sale is not the lowest price Carnival has offered. My current Cove Balcony on October 10 was $100 lower in price (Military rate) and that is what my TA adjusted to. Even with a $80 OBC for an 8 day cruise, you would still lose $20. Looks like it almost pays to check your pricing daily.

I also initially got denied for the OBC as price was the same as we had already matched over the weekend. I called and got the OBC! $80!!

thanks to everyone's points about calling for follow up when denied!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the heads up. Sent my first price protection form with guidance from a carnival rep while on the telephone, and it was still declined within about 1-2 hours after sending stating the rates available are more expensive then current booked rate.

I just called the number provided, stated that I submitted my price protection from and it was declined even with a CCL employee walking me through the procedure. His response, "we're still working out the kinks".

Price drop of $40, and $60 OBC, equal $100 OBC due to being paid in full. Whoo Hoo!!

You're welcome! I'm happy to see so many folks have been able to take advantage of this promo. Hopefully some movement will happen in our favor for next Summer.

Worth trying! I submitted a price protection form, got turned down, of course. Called in, had help of rep to fill out the form (same as I had earlier). Submitted, and turned down a second time. Called in again, this time the rep put it through for me. Said they've had trouble with the price protection forms "all week". $115 OBC. Not alot compared to what some of you have enjoyed, but I sure won't turn it down! Bottom line is, don't take the online refusal of your request as the final answer.

Booked ES for our B2B through a TA. Called TA three times due to price drops:

First time: upgraded to OV from interior on both cruises, AND got $75 OBC.

Second time: Got $180 more OBC

Third time: Got $100 more OBC

Saved $355 so far and upgraded to OV from interior.

TA did all the talking to Carnival rep each time, I just sat on hold and kept telling them they were wrong until they finally found the price I was looking at on the Carnival website!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the heads up. Sent my first price protection form with guidance from a carnival rep while on the telephone, and it was still declined within about 1-2 hours after sending stating the rates available are more expensive then current booked rate.

I just called the number provided, stated that I submitted my price protection from and it was declined even with a CCL employee walking me through the procedure. His response, "we're still working out the kinks".

Price drop of $40, and $60 OBC, equal $100 OBC due to being paid in full. Whoo Hoo!!

What "kinks" are they "working out?" Early Saver has been around for years. They should know immediately if someone is eligible or not and if they aren't eligible, the CSR shouldn't be able to re-fare the booking to reflect the new rate or to add additional onboard credit. It is a manual, not automatic, approval method at the discretion of person in the department where the form gets sent to.

With the current frequency of sales, including free cruises, I'm not sure this sale lives up to its expectations. As the Past Guest Appreciation sale, this doesn't make me feel any bit appreciated reading about the struggle to receive the price drops when these are being offered so very often.

Edited by Disconnections

The kink that needs to be worked out at Carnival over the use and understanding of how to apply qualifying price drops is lack of staff training.

That "kink" should never be in existence considering Carnival is a reputable company handling many business transactions on a daily basis. If you're eligible, you're eligible. With how long Early Saver has been around, this shouldn't be something the previous poster stated was "being worked out." If someone taking new reservations is able to understand the eligibility through use of a knowledgebase, why can't those approving price matches sent from the form?

The struggle of continuous attempts and/or arguing with a CSR does not make some feel appreciated in an appreciation sale.

Edited by Disconnections

That "kink" should never be in existence considering Carnival is a reputable company handling many business transactions on a daily basis. If you're eligible, you're eligible. With how long Early Saver has been around, this shouldn't be something the previous poster stated was "being worked out." If someone taking new reservations is able to understand the eligibility through use of a knowledgebase, why can't those approving price matches sent from the form?

The struggle of continuous attempts and/or arguing with a CSR does not make some feel appreciated in an appreciation sale.

Don't bark at the messenger fella :mad:

Don't bark at the messenger fella :mad:

My apologies if it may have come across that way, but that wasn't my intention. I'm not trying to bark at the messenger, only to promote conversation and hopefully debate. Tone isn't always easy to read in plain text.

Edited by Disconnections

My apologies if it may have come across that way, but that wasn't my intention. I'm not trying to bark at the messenger, only to promote conversation and hopefully debate. Tone isn't always easy to read in plain text.

I was saying the staff needs to be trained in how to correctly do their jobs, period. Human resource turnover is constant and training needs to keep up.

BTW the use of emoticons helps to convey tone on message boards, that is the essence of their being here: as a useful tool. :)

Edited by sanmarcosman

I submitted a form this morning as well... denied. Just like everyone else. I did receive the discounted fare and OBC once I called. I'm paid in full and am able to see the new fare and OBC already reflected in my account, but shouldn't I also see another $40 in OBC for the fare reduction?

Thanks!

Ok. I was initially denied and then got it applied. I did not received the normal follow up email, so I checked my booking. The new lower rate, plus my $70 was correct, but my other OBC didn't change for the additional $40 drop. When I called back and asked why my total paid amount now shows $40 less instead of extra OBC, I was told that today was my final payment date (it was 9/16) and that )40 was being credited back to my credit card. Something about the fare code.

So maybe that's what happened to yours?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I took a screen print of a mock booking, a screen print of the Carnival Faresaver pasted them both to the same email to my PVP with my booking number in the subject line and within 5 minutes he responded with $60 fare reduction and $30 onboard credit, on a 3 day Inspiration cruise scheduled in Jan. $90 was never easier!! I know a lot of you like to book on your own, but situations like this make me glad I have my PVP. I will never pay more because I have one and the help with things like this are worth their weight in gold.

I took a screen print of a mock booking, a screen print of the Carnival Faresaver pasted them both to the same email to my PVP with my booking number in the subject line and within 5 minutes he responded with $60 fare reduction and $30 onboard credit, on a 3 day Inspiration cruise scheduled in Jan. $90 was never easier!! I know a lot of you like to book on your own, but situations like this make me glad I have my PVP. I will never pay more because I have one and the help with things like this are worth their weight in gold.

I agree completely. My PVP handled the price drop and OBC in one email and an updated conformation was emailed to me three minutes later. Couldn't be easier :)

So there are no more cabins on the upper deck so even if I am early saver, I cannot get the obc? Maybe there are my cabin classification on other decks? I already have a $50 obc (which is more than I have ever had in my life), so do I take the price I paid, deduct my current obc, then compare the price to the current price for my category? Or do I also have to deduct the potential $40 obc from the current price? Geez this is complicated.:D

Just an update for me..

Again, I am booked on an 8 day cruise on the Breeze for 11/8/14.

We booked back in January.

I'm booked ES, paid in full and our cruise is sold out.

I submitted the form last night just to see if I'd be eligible for the $80, knowing that my chances were extremely thin because our cruise was sold out.

About 5 minutes after submitting, I get an email with my new cabin confirmation showing a $60 OBC.

It's not $80, but it's way more then I expected.

Not sure where they got $60 from or why it was approved, but ok. :)

Just an update for me..

Again, I am booked on an 8 day cruise on the Breeze for 11/8/14.

We booked back in January.

I'm booked ES, paid in full and our cruise is sold out.

I submitted the form last night just to see if I'd be eligible for the $80, knowing that my chances were extremely thin because our cruise was sold out.

About 5 minutes after submitting, I get an email with my new cabin confirmation showing a $60 OBC.

It's not $80, but it's way more then I expected.

Not sure where they got $60 from or why it was approved, but ok. :)

Mmmm. That is very weird. But YAY for your $60:D

Thank you all and OP for this thread because I immediately contacted my PVP this morning and we have a $146.20 credit plus $40 obc for each of our 2 rooms...so $372.40 in OBC (the other room are the kid's room)! He also automatically took care of the other past guest in our party/family too! I'm so happy! Thanks again!

I emailed my PVP yesterday morning as soon as I saw the original post, and I have yet to hear from her. Any other time I have emailed her to ask a question I hear back pretty promptly.

Anyhow, I went ahead and filled out the claim form online and it said something about I would hear about it in up to 48 hours. Did anyone else experience this?

I emailed my PVP yesterday morning as soon as I saw the original post, and I have yet to hear from her. Any other time I have emailed her to ask a question I hear back pretty promptly.

Anyhow, I went ahead and filled out the claim form online and it said something about I would hear about it in up to 48 hours. Did anyone else experience this?

I certainly wouldn't wait 48 hours (even though it may be earlier) because the sale ends tomorrow. Just call your PVP. Maybe your email just got lost aong everyone elses that she/he may be getting bombarded with...who knows.