Past Guest Appreciation Event - new sale!!

cruizinisthebest

I certainly wouldn't wait 48 hours (even though it may be earlier) because the sale ends tomorrow. Just call your PVP. Maybe your email just got lost aong everyone elses that she/he may be getting bombarded with...who knows.

Yea... that was my concern as well in regards to the "up to 48 hours" statement when I filed the claim form.

Good point on the fact that she may be getting bombarded with emails at this point. I will have to make some time here in a bit to step away to make a call.

On Fareviewer when you read the fine print at the bottom that shows $10 per day OBC, it says it's for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

I submitted the form & it was rejected. I then called the # on the rejection letter and received the price drop & OBC. I figured I'd play dumb is they told me the reason it was rejected was that it was not a new booking.

I had booked a solo for a 6-day on Freedom in December. Put a hold on a large main deck rear ocean view. I was happy with the price at $770 with taxes. Heard about the sale and went back to check. The new rates applied only to ocean view category. Got the same cabin for $576 with tax plus $45 OBC. Good timing for me!

Just an update for me..

Again, I am booked on an 8 day cruise on the Breeze for 11/8/14.

We booked back in January.

I'm booked ES, paid in full and our cruise is sold out.

I submitted the form last night just to see if I'd be eligible for the $80, knowing that my chances were extremely thin because our cruise was sold out.

About 5 minutes after submitting, I get an email with my new cabin confirmation showing a $60 OBC.

It's not $80, but it's way more then I expected.

Not sure where they got $60 from or why it was approved, but ok. :)

What did you put in on the form? I am wondering due to the price of our cruise vs OBC amount. Thx.

What did you put in on the form? I am wondering due to the price of our cruise vs OBC amount. Thx.

Something like..

Your 'Past Guest Appreciation Sale' is offering $10 per day in onboard credit and I wasn't sure if I was eligible for this. I am booked Early Saver.

It was that simple and I got the return email within 5 minutes showing the new cabin confirmation.

Then this morning I got an email saying that my request was accepted and $60 of onboard credit was added to my account.

On Fareviewer when you read the fine print at the bottom that shows $10 per day OBC, it says it's for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

I submitted the form & it was rejected. I then called the # on the rejection letter and received the price drop & OBC. I figured I'd play dumb is they told me the reason it was rejected was that it was not a new booking.

Same here. I did a mock booking and called my PVP to see if I could do this since I was already booked on our March sailing. He took care of things and we got $120.00 OBC. He has always taken good care of us.

I just resubmitted my claim which was rejected last night supposedly because the fare was higher than my fare. Turns out (after calling the extension on the rejection letter) that they were not taking the state resident discount into account, so I did have the correct rate in my claim. The agent said she could not make the adjustment by phone so I would have to resubmit, but she gave me her agent ID to include in the comments saying that she verified the rate. We'll see what happens. She did say the claim form has to include taxes and fees in the amount which is not what I was told by someone on CC. She said that's why a lot of claims are rejected...they have to match to the penny. Keeping my fingers crossed for $120 OBC!

Lisa

We called on Wed night after seeing the Past Guest sale to verify if we qualified for it. She checked both our rooms said yes and asked if they could take care of it over phone. She said they change that on Oct 1 and it has to be submitted online but would walk us through it if needed. We declined and filled out the form. About 15 mins later we received email confirmation it was APPROVED! No hassle at all. However the On Board Credit was only for the price difference in fare and didn't include the additional $50 (5 nt cruise).

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd rather email someone (we don't have a PVP and booked it ourselves) as I've got a pretty hoarse voice due to a cold right now

I would do a "reply back" to the email you got from them. Or, there is a contact email page on the carnival website.

I too don't have a PVP. Had one for a few months and he moved to a different job. Never got a new one. I am pretty knowledge on the internet and can do research very easily and quickly. So, not sure I even want one.

I just spent 1/2 on the phone and i got a whopping $10 as i already had a $50 past guest credit. Thats 30 minutes of my life I can't get back.

Can't sleep, so I go on the Carnival site just to check for middle of the night price drops, :p . No luck with that, but I do see under the deals section Carnival has a new pricing category for past guests. $10 OBC per day per stateroom. Two-category upgrade. Choose your room. Applies to sailings between October 2014-March 2015 where early saver has expired.

For those sailing or looking to book during that period, check it out. Good luck!

I just spent 1/2 on the phone and i got a whopping $10 as i already had a $50 past guest credit. Thats 30 minutes of my life I can't get back.

Well you could have always hung up! It wasn't worth anything to me either, but that's because my cruise didn't fall in the time frame. It has been valuable to many others as the responses on this thread indicate.

Enjoy your cruise.

I booked yesterday online. How do I get a PVP? This is my second cruise. I learned the hard way that you can only get price drops if you book thru carnival, so that's what I did this time. This is confusing!

Thanks! I'll try going through the email/contact us on the website first. My voice is pretty rough right now.

I decided to call despite my voice and spoke with a kind & helpful agent. Unfortunately it took 48mins on the phone (mostly on hold but was frequently updated on the hold ups) but I ended up getting the onboard credit. Yay!!! It ended up requiring a few different departments because my online form was partly processed incorrectly, the promo is no longer available AND there currently are no more rooms available in my category.

Lesson learned: if there is a problem act on it right away because it's a lot more challenging on their end to fix errors if it's not in system anymore.

Edited by zippydoda1

I booked yesterday online. How do I get a PVP? This is my second cruise. I learned the hard way that you can only get price drops if you book thru carnival, so that's what I did this time. This is confusing!

That is not true. Doesn't matter who you book with, if you qualify for a price drop, then you're entitled to pursue it.

Wulf, as cruizin says, it is not true. To get price drops, assuming you are either before final payment or booked as Early Saver (ES), you will need to work with your Travel Agent (TA). The TA must do the request, you can't. However, you should be pushing your TA to get this done for you.

To get a PVP, just call Carnival and ask for one. You will be assigned one very easy.

My second claim was also rejected (this was after speaking to an agent and having her verbally confirm that the rate I found was correct...she gave me the exact wording including her agent ID to put on the claim). I have now emailed the address on the letter (earlysaver@carnival.com) with more details and screen captures attached. We'll see. I too wish I had a PVP!

I am booked in a Vista wrap balcony. Yes they are sold out on our cruise. Yes I paid the extra money for that room. (849 /p with 42.50 extra per day) Now the balcony is going for 819 /p, Should or can I request the difference just for the balcony?

I am booked in a Vista wrap balcony. Yes they are sold out on our cruise. Yes I paid the extra money for that room. (849 /p with 42.50 extra per day) Now the balcony is going for 819 /p, Should or can I request the difference just for the balcony?

If your cabin category is sold out, how are you seeing a price? You can only match to your category.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app