Booked ES now want to upgrade my cabin..

hlb76

can I change with out a penalty or loosing my ES rate?

Ive never changed after booking before so not sure how it goes down. I'm in a Porthole but thinking a Deluxe OV or balcony might be better.

can I change with out a penalty or loosing my ES rate?

Ive never changed after booking before so not sure how it goes down. I'm in a Porthole but thinking a Deluxe OV or balcony might be better.

No penalty as long as you UPGRADE.

You cannot go from a balcony to an inside.

The $50pp penalty is if you change the actual cruise. We had to do this due to illness once and sure enough....we were billed $100.

Edited by champagne123
ddddd

Make sure you ask all the questions re: the permutations of how your booking changes. Do I lose OBC? for example. If you get an answer you don't think is right, ask to speak to a supervisor. You need to be a lawyer with 65 years of experience in ES as a specialty to learn all this. Or be firefly. ;) She's the only one I know who understands ES!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

No penalty as long as you UPGRADE.

You cannot go from a balcony to an inside.

The $50pp penalty is if you change the actual cruise. We had to do this due to illness once and sure enough....we were billed $100.

This poster is correct. I have ES and I just upgraded. They will always let you upgrade, just not downgrade!!

Also, depending on the supply and demand of the cruise you might find that the upgraded cabin is less expensive than when you originally booked your reservation (could also go the other way of course). Price drops / increases are not always uniform across cabin categories so it doesn't hurt to do some research before you make the call to Carnival or your TA.

I've upgraded 3 times from ES. A tip, have your account tagged as "interested in an upgrade to ...(insert category)". I did this and was patient. Got called all 3 times with great offers. We leave tomorrow and I went from a 6A (Ocean View) to a 9B (premium balcony!). Received the upgrade Tuesday of this week:):) Bottom line, I'm happy to be onboard in the original cabin of my choosing. An upgrade is just icing on the cake!

I've upgraded 3 times from ES. A tip, have your account tagged as "interested in an upgrade to ...(insert category)". I did this and was patient. Got called all 3 times with great offers. We leave tomorrow and I went from a 6A (Ocean View) to a 9B (premium balcony!). Received the upgrade Tuesday of this week:):) Bottom line, I'm happy to be onboard in the original cabin of my choosing. An upgrade is just icing on the cake!

I have never seen this. Where is it? Under "manage my account"?

Call your PVP or just the general Carnival phone number. I watch pricing and which higher category is not selling very quickly. When I find a category that seems to have good availability that I'd be happy with, I call in and ask about it's current price. It's usually more than I want to pay, but at that point I ask to have a note placed on my account that says I would be interested in an upgrade. Then I wait...they will call. If the price is right, I grab it, if not, I stay put. So far, price has always been right! Good luck!