Carnival buying LSC/CocoCay from Royal?

Pellaz

Because if its empty on a day where no RCCL ship is to call on it, and they can make $$$, why the hell not? To paraphrase: "Profit is Job 1"

It's Win/Win.

I think there's less rivalry than is assumed.

btw, I've stopped at "Little Stirrup" Cay on Fascination, and while nice, I prefer Half Moon Cay. :) And definitely owned by RCCL.

Agree that there is likely less rivalry than fans of both would choose to believe. And money is money. You have to really not like someone to not take their money.

I'm sure the Key West thing was also a part of the arrangement.

So anyway, the practical upshot of all of this is that the Future Cruises desk guy on Freedom, referring to Little Stirrup Cay with "WE OWN IT!" in a stentorian bellow last week, was indeed........misinformed. Oh, well. Would have made things interesting if CCL had picked it up.

While I think Half Moon Cay (or officially "Little San Salvador") has one of the nicest white-sand beaches around, LSC/CocoCay has MUCH better snorkeling. RCCL has done a great job with that.

While I think Half Moon Cay (or officially "Little San Salvador") has one of the nicest white-sand beaches around, LSC/CocoCay has MUCH better snorkeling. RCCL has done a great job with that.

Absolutely! I used to think that HMC was the best because the sand is wonderful and also the water has always been so calm and the entry into the water can't be beat. But because the beach isn't as deep as at CCC, it feels more congested and yes, the snorkeling stinks. You have to pay a lot to take a short snorkel boat excursion for decent snorkeling.