Are the early Quantum cruisers taking information requests???

I am hoping that some of the early cruisers are planning to post reports once they arrive back home! I am *also* hoping some of you might be willing to do a little information gathering for those of us on later cruises...

Here are 3 things I am curious about:

> Robotic Bartenders. I am heading to the Quantum with my daughter, and I think she (age 9) would get a huge kick out of the robotic bartenders. But (obviously) her drink selection would need to be a virgin mocktail - easily done with a live bartender, but I wonder whether they will be able to set up the robots to handle such requests?

> Circus School. I will also be curious to hear how to sign up for Circus School (I'm hoping my child and I can do this together, although on the 12/20 cruise I imagine slots may be hard to come by.)

> Misc Menus. Do the complementary restaurants have any "specials" or is it the same (posted) menu every night? Is there a generic "available everywhere" menu? What's on the kids menu (or does it vary by dining room)? --> my 9-yr-old child won't need the kids menu, but my *mother* may need it!

Thanks!!

On every cruise we have been on they have done a circus school and it has never been hard to get into. Just look at the dailies and see when they are doing it in kids club.

My kids are so over the circus school the jaded almost 13 and 10 YO's that they are. :D They joke about how they need to come up with some new ideas for kids. We remind them that not all kids have been on 8 cruises and it does not effect peoples religious and cultural beliefs.

I'll be on the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings. I'll be doing daily videos that will cover everything onboard. I'll be sure to take note of these things. Hadn't thought about the kids menus before, but those would be a great addition to show. I did a test run on the Grandeur in January that you can see on my thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2023151

Some things will obviously have to change since the dining is being redone, but it'll be a very similar format of high density information.

On every cruise we have been on they have done a circus school and it has never been hard to get into. Just look at the dailies and see when they are doing it in kids club.

My kids are so over the circus school the jaded almost 13 and 10 YO's that they are. :D They joke about how they need to come up with some new ideas for kids. We remind them that not all kids have been on 8 cruises and it does not effect peoples religious and cultural beliefs.

I don't think it's the same on Quantum. From what they've shown it's something new that is for older ages and involves the trapeze.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I am hoping that some of the early cruisers are planning to post reports once they arrive back home! I am *also* hoping some of you might be willing to do a little information gathering for those of us on later cruises...

Here are 3 things I am curious about:

> Robotic Bartenders. I am heading to the Quantum with my daughter, and I think she (age 9) would get a huge kick out of the robotic bartenders. But (obviously) her drink selection would need to be a virgin mocktail - easily done with a live bartender, but I wonder whether they will be able to set up the robots to handle such requests?

> Circus School. I will also be curious to hear how to sign up for Circus School (I'm hoping my child and I can do this together, although on the 12/20 cruise I imagine slots may be hard to come by.)

> Misc Menus. Do the complementary restaurants have any "specials" or is it the same (posted) menu every night? Is there a generic "available everywhere" menu? What's on the kids menu (or does it vary by dining room)? --> my 9-yr-old child won't need the kids menu, but my *mother* may need it!

Thanks!!

Did you see this thread in the main forum? You may want to subscribe. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116512

I don't think it's the same on Quantum. From what they've shown it's something new that is for older ages and involves the trapeze.

OH !!! a trapeze that will be super cool, my kids would love that. I did not know that

I will also be on 3 night and 2 night samplers. Will be taking tons of pictures and videos. Will be saving and scanning compasses too. :cool:

Will you please check to see if the Diamond Plus coupon for buy one get one free for the first night can be used to dine in Wonderland.

Second question, will Diamond plus members be allowed in the concierge lounge (don't know if they are making changes to the policy on the Quantum.

Thanks.

Ooh, no, did not see that - will definitely start watching that thread! Thanks!

Hi gunbocc - I saw your questions, and we'll get you answers once onboard and post them to the Live Reporter thread. :)

Joanna

These cabins are on the front side of the hump - advertised as wrap around balconies with 2 sliding glass doors and a large port hole on side wall - pics seen so far show 2 dividers at corner which totally block view - if possible see if these dividers are removed so it is a full wrap around - thanks so much!