Epic cabin 8079...any thoughts?

chrisa222

Hey everyone!

I can't seem to find the excellent thread here which outlined the best and worst cabins on Epic.

I booked a BX Guarantee (my first guarantee) and got 8079. The only review of this cabin said it was a "bump out" which collected debris from cabins above and smelled of Chinese food ...ugh.

Is there any benefit of this cabin ...or should i try to change it somehow? I am 90+ days out...

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi there.

I have already called NCL and changed the room. I was lucky to be able to do so. I paid about $85 more and was upgraded to 12067, up to deck 12.

The reason that I changed my room was because I found out the balconys on deck 8 are all (or at least most of them) uncovered. This means that people above you can look down onto you, and I also suspect no shade. Or less shade.

The other issue I had with deck 8 was that your look down was onto lifeboats. I can't find the link, but I saw a video review on youtube and your look down is not at pretty water, its at lifeboats.

For me it was worth it for $85 to have a covered balcony AND a view down of water. Good luck to you!

Hi there.

I have already called NCL and changed the room. I was lucky to be able to do so. I paid about $85 more and was upgraded to 12067, up to deck 12.

The reason that I changed my room was because I found out the balconys on deck 8 are all (or at least most of them) uncovered. This means that people above you can look down onto you, and I also suspect no shade. Or less shade.

The other issue I had with deck 8 was that your look down was onto lifeboats. I can't find the link, but I saw a video review on youtube and your look down is not at pretty water, its at lifeboats.

For me it was worth it for $85 to have a covered balcony AND a view down of water. Good luck to you!

You will like deck 12. Good move for a good price.

Search for reviews by sdmike. He has some helpful Epic balcony information in his signature.

We sailed the Epic in a balcony on deck 11 (11039) in 2013. Most balconies above deck 8 look down on deck 8, though some of the deck 8 balconies are partially covered by the larger, bump out balconies on higher decks. Many of the balconies on higher decks don't look directly down at the water - they look down on deck 8. You can see the water when you look out, but you may not look directly down to it. (The lifeboats jut out from just below deck 8.) There are small sections of balconies forward, mid and aft that do look directly down to the water, though.

Above all, enjoy your cruise on the Epic! We're sailing a second time in January and can't wait!

Edited by dolita22