Island to Alaska with Pictures (part 2)

cworld

Gee, what were you thinking when you offered them a choice? Why not do a few days in Rodent World then head to Port Canaveral for a cruise. Or, do like we are doing in January. We are flying into Orlando, hitting rodent world then renting a car and drive to Miami for a cruise. You do have options.

Marilee

Wow, Disney or Cruise, Disney or Cruise?? CRUISE!!!! Did they go with you on the Alaska trip? I don't think they did so they don't know what they are missing. Carribean, snorkleing, wave runners, white sand, food anytime they want it. Lot's of other people their age looking to have fun.

I like Marilees idea a couple of days at Rodent World and then a Cruise.

Might be the national debt but they only graduate once. Right?:D

Dianne

Bill, I hadn't considered THAT angle. Is this better?

Mrs_cworld,

They obviously have been under undue influence from their father. Continue to hope since he has demostrated some redeeming qualities when he publicly confessed that he had the wrong impression of cruising. Perhaps his example will rub off on them.

HELP!!!!! A couple of weeks ago I suggested to my DH that what I want for Xmas 2007 is one last family vacation. In April 2008 (hopefully, if she quits making D's), daughter will graduate from college and in May, 2008, son will graduate from high school. So I want one last family "go into major credit card debt/no in-laws/just the 4 of us" vacation. My DH and I brainstormed for a couple of days before we presented it to the kids. Can you believe they chose Rodent World over a Princess cruise to the Caribbean????? :eek: What's wrong with kids today? How can we convince them to take a cruise?

Mrs. C I feel for you..My son is an "almost ready to graduate" from college in a year. Will it happen? Hope so! Reality will probably take a year and a half, and then have to find a job! Welcome to the real "Real World"

Just because of my curious nature, I asked my son which would he do?

I am so going to have to almost kill him now! Yep He said Rodent World!

Gong on a cruise with him in Oct. as our last together time also, think I'll bring the old mouse ears hat that I have saved along with our other vacation memories and try:D to make him wear them!

Man... go away for a few hours and look what happens.

First, to my DW:

My DH, what is "here telepathy"????? Are you talking about ESP or as our daughter would say ESPN?????

Web ster - here telepathy - the act of telepathy when the subjects are in close proximity or are closely related.

As opposed to - there telepathy - the act of telepathy when subjects are separated by great distances.

Learn something new everyday if you hang around here.

Bill, hmmm, what to say about Bill? I'm thinking about a movie title, I didn't actually see the movie, just heard about it at work, it starred Uma Thurman, I think they even did a sequel. Somebody help me with the title. I know, it wasn't a very nice movie, but then I'm not thinking real nice thoughts about Bill right now.

To everyone else...

Nothing new tonight, at least from me. See ya later.

Might have been that I told them if we went on a cruise they couldn't leave our sight. That we would be watching their every move. But then again what 23 and 19 year old wouldn't want their parents watching their every move? Kids...

Thank all of you for your patience. Like Mrs. C said the boy child caused us a little consternation this week. We’re still waiting for the final outcome, but he will be fine. It’s like a book I read years ago where someone fell into the hands of evil medicine. Go here. Wait. Call this number. Wait. Test this. Wait. Scan that. Wait. Oh, no, we’re not going to tell you the results of your test until... Wait... Next month or so. PS. send in a billion dollars and we'll call it even. Kinda like ITAWP, don’t cha think?

OK Carl get over it and on with the show. (You might be sorry.)

Burp.

Mmmm. Great meal was followed by a mad dash to the other end of the ship. That added up to (hope you’re not eating right now) bad stuff. Running a mile after consuming a big dinner is never a good idea. Not really, just thought I’d throw that in there. We (the New Jersey's, Mrs. C and me) really did hurry to the Universal Theater. It was almost time for the show to start. When we got there the place was packed. We went in on the first floor, and there were no seats, period, anywhere, none, zero.

So we climbed the stairs and looked upstairs for a seat. There aren’t this many people at an OU football game. We found 1 and 2 seats in a couple of places, but wanted to sit together. I don’t know why? But we did. I tried to get the Mrsesses. to sit together and us Real Men grab one of the other pairs or even go to the individuals, but the girls wanted to keep looking.

Finally we found a spot. Four “seats” all the way against the back wall. It was kinda behind the sound system. That was pretty cool for me, because I like that kind of stuff. But these seats were not anywhere close to the great seats Mrs. C and I had earlier in the week for the same show. We couldn’t really see the whole stage because of the sound stuff, and the people in front of us. If I remember right we almost had to stand up at times to see what was going on below. But we were there. The show hadn’t started yet. Life is good.

Wonder if I have time to go get a Co...

Maybe not.

Marilee,

NO, this is not first priority. Son hurt neck in football Monday p.m. and we have spent all week going to various doctors, tests, etc. trying to figure out how serious it is.

Mrs. C and Carl, Hope all is well with your son, must have scared you to death! I am sure they did a c-spine xray and head CT. all cleared I hope! Know when my son played Lacrosse, my heart was in my mouth several times! Hope all is okay with him, and believe me kids are so resilient, it boggles the mind!

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. Got word late Friday afternoon that son's neck was clear. He just has to sit out until he can move neck w/out any pain--probably another couple of weeks. No great tragedy--he doesn't play football as well as he plays baseball. In fact, mom would be happy if he gave up football and concentrated on baseball--HA!HA!

Warning, things may be a little spotty this week. I'm in St. Louis working this week, and don't have a lot of free time. I hate this work thing.

We tried to get situated, tried to see the stage, (I’ve posted a picture of where we were seated, and I guess you'll just have to find it) and settled in to watch the show. The music started, the singers started coming out, the dancers started dancing, the band played, all was right with the world, except the stage never moved. The set was fixed, and never moved. Somehow I don’t think it made that much difference.

The show started with a medley of random songs about entertainment. That was followed by a tribute to the Beatles and other British groups. Nothing special. Then came the Beach Boys. What are the Beach Boys famous for musically? Right, harmony. I love music that has good harmony. Beach Boy music should have harmony, right? Not the way the Tribute show did it. There was only the melody, usually sung by one or two performers. Not a great showing.

Next came the Rat Pack. The Rat Pack was just a little before my time. I don’t really remember their music. I remember some of their later movies, but I’d never really listened to their music. I have since listened a little, and I like it. That genre of music is intriguing to me. Club singers. One person, alone with a band, entertaining without all of the fancy things they have to have now. Just one voice to make a room come alive. And they did it so well. It’s fascinating. It would be interesting to see if a revival of that type entertainment could resurface. Back to Tribute. If I remember right there were a couple of good numbers in this section, but it wasn’t anything special.

Then they did the Diva’s. Madonna, (I wouldn’t really call her a diva) Cher, Whitney, I don’t remember... As long as Jenn Minchik was singing things were fine, but whenever the other girl started, let’s just say things were not as good.

Finally the show ended. The stage never moved. Dave, the Cruise Director guy got up and said that they would be meeting the engineers from the company that built the stage in Anchorage. But it still wasn’t fixed. (Duh.)

Rating for Tribute – C – work on the harmony to snaz things up a bit. The stage jumping up and down wouldn’t have made any difference.

Cworld,

Are you out by the airport in St. Louis? If you like dry smoked meat BBQ, try Bandana's. If you have transportation -- For incredible Italian, try the "Hill". My favorite restaurant on the Hill is Zia's. (Tommy Lasorda is partial to Charlie Gitto's.) Then there is always Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard for dessert.

Too bad the Cardinals are on the road this week!

I lived out in St. Charles, so I don't know downtown St. Louis restaurants that well. Charlie Gitto has a restaurant downtown. The Hill is nearby -- if you have a car. The King and I on Grand Blvd, if you like Thai food (I really don't, but their's was okay.) I have a couple of Indian food recommendations 5-10 miles west of downtown. There is a fabulous, but pricey, French restaurant in the Central West End called Chez Leon (http://www.chezleon.com) with incredible souffles!!!!!!!

Yea, right, my "meat and potatoes" guy is going to try French food--HA!HA! Remember he had a steak or two almost every night on our cruise!

I know, Mrs. cworld -- I thought about that, but this restaurant usually has 2-3 beef dishes on the menu. I like the duck, too.

Karla

Archived