Renting a car MCO-Cape canaveral

kelkel2

What should I expect to pay?

Is this an easy drive? I will have my husband to help me navigate and probably my iPhone but that's it. I will try to get directions in advance. It looks like there is a Hertz rent a car close to the hotel I am staying at which is the Country inn and Suites.

Has anyone rented from Hertz? Are they efficient in getting you to the port after you drop your car off in a timely manner? Up until now I had just figured we would do a shared shuttle but I'm thinking this may save us a lot of money between the shared shuttle and then paying for a taxi to get to dinner.

We have done the rental twice.

Last time was in dec 2013 and it was Alamo.

Rental price will vary, which company, what car, the time of the year and the demand. Small car will cost a lot less than full size or minivan.

Rental companies (most of the big ones) are right across the terminal.

In my case - I prepayed and printed what I needed, so I walked right to the car.

Drive was very easy. Returning car also easy. All the rental companies are close to port.

Alamo / National / Enterprise (one location) took us to port ( free).

After cruise - they picked us up and took us to rental office. Another car and back to MCO.

Use some of the discount code - they can save you some money.

We have done the rental twice.

Last time was in dec 2013 and it was Alamo.

Rental price will vary, which company, what car, the time of the year and the demand. Small car will cost a lot less than full size or minivan.

Rental companies (most of the big ones) are right across the terminal.

In my case - I prepayed and printed what I needed, so I walked right to the car.

Drive was very easy. Returning car also easy. All the rental companies are close to port.

Alamo / National / Enterprise (one location) took us to port ( free).

After cruise - they picked us up and took us to rental office. Another car and back to MCO.

Use some of the discount code - they can save you some money.

Thanks! I was considering dropping my car off after eating breakfast at the Hurtz down the street from our hotel and getting a ride to the port from there. Is that a smart choice?

We also had breakfast and returned the car to Alamo about 9:30 /45.

They started their shuttle to port at 10:30.

I do not know if Hertz also starts at 10:30 but probably yes.

The port does not want too many 'new' people at the same time when the 'returning cruisers are still there. So the shuttle with new cruisers start running when the first boarding might start.

Hertz is closer to port but all are close (2 to 3 miles) so not much disadvantage if a mile farther or closer, maybe 2 to 4 minutes differenc.

Edited by wieslaw

I also look at some of the codes on this web site, sometimes they are different from the ones in the other post.

http://www.mousesavers.com/transportation-for-disney-vacations/rental-car-discounts/

Thank you so much! I will call them sometime and find out too what time their shuttles start leaving for the port so we don't arrive too early to drop off our car. I don't want to be stuck waiting at hurtz waiting for an hour before the shuttles leave.

I signed up today for their gold member program which is supposed to allow you to check in quicker at the counter because all your information and preferences with the car is already built into your profile and reservation. Hopefully that will help me!

If anyone has any experiences good or bad with hurtz let me know!!

Good luck with your rental and I hope that you get a good rental rate for the car that you want.

Few more things from my observations from my driving there.

Sometimes it is easy to go over the speed limit ..... there were officers in some spots on the way ..... some were talking with the drivers.

It is also easy to miss the toll booths even that they are well marked and signs are there ....... but many locals got electronic passes and they do not pull to the booths ..... so make sure that you do ..... also make sure to get a receipt and keep it for a while ..... just in case if there was going to be a question from the rental co.

On the way back to MCO, when getting fuel for the rental before it's return, avoid the gas station close to the airport ..... they charge almost double what other charge.

Enjoy your cruise.