anyone been to the east end recently?

dynozone84

Been to roatan 3 times its one of my favorite places. Going again in 3 weeks, last time I rented a car and did the extreme ziplining and made the drive out to the east end and visited paya bay. It was quite an adventure especially the drive, cliffs in a tiny car and dirt roads. It was worth it because paya bay was beautiful.

Has anybody been there recently?just wanted to know how the road was? Ill make the drive again because I know what im getting into now but just wanted to make sure the road wasnt worse

Been to roatan 3 times its one of my favorite places. Going again in 3 weeks, last time I rented a car and did the extreme ziplining and made the drive out to the east end and visited paya bay. It was quite an adventure especially the drive, cliffs in a tiny car and dirt roads. It was worth it because paya bay was beautiful.

Has anybody been there recently?just wanted to know how the road was? Ill make the drive again because I know what im getting into now but just wanted to make sure the road wasnt worse

It may be worth while to contact the place on the east end you wish to visit.. they would sure know what the road are like. I was out at Paya Bay two years ago in Feb and didn't think the road was bad at all.

Weather could be a factor.

• 8 months later...

We're headed to Paya Bay in August---2 1/2 weeks! and can't wait! I'm sure the road is no better than it every was. And weather is weather and it may be muddy or not....Paya Bay is a great place and if anyone needs info then let me know here and we can talk.

Rainy weather=road problems. Check the forecast for Roatan and if it has been experiencing rain for several days in a row, the road will have suffered as a result. Having lived in Roatan for 4 years, I can speak from experience - there were times that we could not get up our road due to the rains turning the dirt into a sea of mud! Here's hoping you'll have great weather.......