Allure Entertainment Jan 2015

pk1959

Today is the 90 day mark for our upcoming cruise and I received an email saying I could book the dining, entertainment, etc. I went into My Cruises and was able to book day 1 with no problems. After that I kept getting a "Credit Card" error message even though everything I was attempting to book was 'complimentary'. So I called to try and get some assistance with my bookings. The agent was able to book the remaining days for me, however he told me when I was making my nightly comedy club reservations that I was booking the same show over and over. So, did I just spend a half hour on the phone to book the same comedy show 7 times? He also stated that he noticed that I didn't make a reservation for their most popular show "Cats", but when I look at the schedule the show on my sailing is "Chicago", so I figure he could be as wrong about the comedy club show as he was about the broadway show.

Today is the 90 day mark for our upcoming cruise and I received an email saying I could book the dining, entertainment, etc. I went into My Cruises and was able to book day 1 with no problems. After that I kept getting a "Credit Card" error message even though everything I was attempting to book was 'complimentary'. So I called to try and get some assistance with my bookings. The agent was able to book the remaining days for me, however he told me when I was making my nightly comedy club reservations that I was booking the same show over and over. So, did I just spend a half hour on the phone to book the same comedy show 7 times? He also stated that he noticed that I didn't make a reservation for their most popular show "Cats", but when I look at the schedule the show on my sailing is "Chicago", so I figure he could be as wrong about the comedy club show as he was about the broadway show.

I had an issue as well with that Error message but the last line of that message said that you are only able to book each show once per person per cruise. Something along those lines.

Once I deleted the duplicate Comedy Club reservation from my cart I was able to go back and reserve the rest of the shows.

If you go into your Calendar you will see your show reservations.

For your & my sailings it will still be Chicago on board.

Our cruise isn't until May 2015 and was told we could book beginning in January from someone on here as when I looked there was nothing available. I'm thinking also that since she is going to just be getting out of refurbishment, some of the things are not certain yet regarding entertainment and dining. We will be new to the DD, so am interested in that experience. I'm anxious to see the offerings after the refurbishment, but it is, after all, a long time away! :)

I'm less than 90 days out on Oasis and got the same email - that it was time to reserve dining. Though I was able to book my entertainment several weeks ago, I cannot book any MTD slots.

We are used to traditional dining and that was totally booked up when I booked this cruise last July. RCCL agents kept telling me MTD would be available 90 days out, but it's not in spite of what the email said. BTW.. I was able to book the Comedy Show twice using the online tool. I'm hoping there is some magic in 60 days out. :rolleyes:

Our cruise isn't until May 2015 and was told we could book beginning in January from someone on here as when I looked there was nothing available. I'm thinking also that since she is going to just be getting out of refurbishment, some of the things are not certain yet regarding entertainment and dining. We will be new to the DD, so am interested in that experience. I'm anxious to see the offerings after the refurbishment, but it is, after all, a long time away! :)

There is no set mark on how many days before your cruise that the show /dining reservations open up.

I booked our MTD reservation at 145 days out. I don't even know at what point they were bookable that was just the day I logged on and noticed it was open.

It appears the booking window has opened up for January, February, and March sailings.

I'm not sure about April and beyond as no one on here has reported back this morning yet on if they can/can't.

I log on usually every morning and before I left for work today it wasn't available. Once I arrived at the office I logged on to look at something and noticed that it was no open for reserving.

I'm less than 90 days out on Oasis and got the same email - that it was time to reserve dining. Though I was able to book my entertainment several weeks ago, I cannot book any MTD slots.

We are used to traditional dining and that was totally booked up when I booked this cruise last July. RCCL agents kept telling me MTD would be available 90 days out, but it's not in spite of what the email said. BTW.. I was able to book the Comedy Show twice using the online tool. I'm hoping there is some magic in 60 days out. :rolleyes:

This is the error message that is coming up when I try to book any of the shows for an additional night. You are lucky that you were somehow able to book it twice.

Credit Card Error

Payment Not Accepted

Your credit card and billing information could not be processed. Please re-enter your information or use a different credit card to process your order. Cannot book more than 1 per guest and per cruise

As per Royal Caribbean's fine print at the bottom of that webpage...

Seats to our shows are limited and go fast. We recommend that, prior to sailing, you make attendance reservations for the shows you wish to see. If you are planning on attending more than one show per day, it is advisable to allow at least one hour between shows. One reservation per show, per sailing may be made.

There is no set mark on how many days before your cruise that the show /dining reservations open up.

I booked our MTD reservation at 145 days out. I don't even know at what point they were bookable that was just the day I logged on and noticed it was open.

It appears the booking window has opened up for January, February, and March sailings.

I'm not sure about April and beyond as no one on here has reported back this morning yet on if they can/can't.

I log on usually every morning and before I left for work today it wasn't available. Once I arrived at the office I logged on to look at something and noticed that it was no open for reserving.

Actually, we booked this back in June. We had a Southern Caribbean booked when we saw this sailing and changed because one, my husband has always wanted to do the Med cruise and also because it was such an attractive sale! We are already booked for MTD, and if I remember correctly, the agent said we had to do that, which surprised me that far out, but wasn't a problem because we like that anyway. Not sure if having to book it that way is because of the possibility of DD going into effect after the refurbishment or not. There was another thread somewhere last week discussing the DD vs Traditional/MTD conversion. It's all new to me, so I really don't know and for our purposes, I'm sure it will be fine. I was just wondering about the different complimentary restaurants and if you had to book ahead or can just show up. I was also interested in what the shows would be. But, guess I'm just going to have to wait! :) In the meantime, happy sailing! :)

So I am still trying to figure out if it IS the same show, same comedian for every show every night? I told the rep after he booked the shows that if I do find out it's the exact same show every night that I would just go in and cancel all the duplicates and he said that I didn't have to do that. Has anyone gone more than one night on their cruise and heard different comedy acts?

So I am still trying to figure out if it IS the same show, same comedian for every show every night? I told the rep after he booked the shows that if I do find out it's the exact same show every night that I would just go in and cancel all the duplicates and he said that I didn't have to do that. Has anyone gone more than one night on their cruise and heard different comedy acts?

As per Royal Caribbean's fine print at the bottom of that webpage...

Seats to our shows are limited and go fast. We recommend that, prior to sailing, you make attendance reservations for the shows you wish to see. If you are planning on attending more than one show per day, it is advisable to allow at least one hour between shows. One reservation per show, per sailing may be made.

Online you can only book each show once per person per sailing. Double check your Calendar. I found that when I tried to book a 2nd reservation for the same show that it just modified and rescheduled the 1st reservation.

I just called to double check and they confirmed that this is true. She said if I wish to see a show more then once that I can check the availability once on board. But in order to be fair to other passengers its once per person per show per sailing.

By the looks of some recent compasses the comedians were the same each show.

Edited by vacation_junkie

The comedian will be the same for the whole cruise. It's possible the act could change slightly based on audience participation. You can only book them once. If you want to see them again you would need to stand in the standby line and try to get in that way.

Have been trying to figure out the same thing. There is very little detail on the web if the comedy acts change over the course of the cruise. What is missing from the entertainment calendar is a headliner show. That was why I booked comedy twice. One in the beginning of the cruise. Other at the end. Other wise there is nothing to do on two evenings.

Have been trying to figure out the same thing. There is very little detail on the web if the comedy acts change over the course of the cruise. What is missing from the entertainment calendar is a headliner show. That was why I booked comedy twice. One in the beginning of the cruise. Other at the end. Other wise there is nothing to do on two evenings.

What cruise are you on? I was able to book the headliner for my allure Jan. 11th cruise.

when we were on =oasis it was the same show all week, the room is very small so they have the same show all week to beable to give all the guests a chance to see it. it looked like less than 100 people fit in the room and there are over 6000 people, that is why it is the same show