Question about Cozumel excursion

LrgPizza

Yes, we did this one last year, you head across the island, there are small ruins. Get off the bus, spend 30 minutes being sold stuff, pictures taken. Then the tour guide starts taking you through the ruins. About 1/2 way through, you leave, we did not get to see everything, and continue across the island to a restaurant on the beach, with some shacks with more stuff for sale. The beach was not very conducive for getting into the water, very rocky. There was a swimming pool, typical plastic lounge chairs, a few iguanas roaming around, which was the highlight of the trip. It was a low cost excursion, but was quite disappointed with it.

I would like to see all the ruins, so next time I will take a taxi out and back to see them. To sit on the beach there was nothing special.:eek:

About 1/2 way through, you leave

Thanks for the reply. That part cracked me up! haha! Seeing as how the ruins are so small anyway, I hope we get to at least go through it all.

I did read in the reviews that the pool is the better option at the beach. As long as sun can hit me, I'm happy. As long as my son can swim somewhere, he will be happy. For the cheap price, that's all we can hope for, I guess.

Were there lots of people at this beach area, or was it mainly just your tour group?

I think in our bus there were about 25 people, so it was not crowded.

They have a number of excursions that take folks to a variety of beaches. This one did not include any food or drinks, you can take your own or buy them there.

The pool was only a few feet deep, so your kids should enjoy it.

If you go on this, just go explore the ruins on your own, and then catch back up with the tour guide. I recall he was not very efficient, slow, and went on and on and on.....consequently we did not see everything. Then you can see all the ruins. Its very small, but part of the excursion is for you to buy stuff in their shops.

Thanks so much for your info. I really have no desire to do this, but my son wants nothing more than to visit ruins on this trip, and this was an easy way to do it. (We've done all the major sites in the Yucutan many times.)

We did this..........

ISLAND MARKETING LTD (CAYMAN)-Cozumel Cruise Excursions

EXCURSION:ATV OFF ROAD ADVENTURE & BEACH BREAK

......which visited old ruined Mayan temple, but on an ATV rather than on a bus!!! Went thru semi-jungle, and then along the beach. Afterwards back to a hotel, lunch (included)and pool. Was $65 each and $28usd for a child riding with an adult.

We did the 8.30am slot (9.30am ship time, so didn't feel early), and it was our family of four (on two ATVs) with two tour guides, one front, one back.