Fall into Savings Special

DJW8385

A few weeks ago, I paid my deposit for my cruise on the Carnival Magic sailing out of Galveston, TX on 3/29/15. Tonight, I went to Carnival's website and notice the "fall into savings promo" going on until 11/2. So I called my PVP and I explained to her that I would like to be locked into that new rate and if she can move my deposit over to that new rate. She informed me that she'll have customer relations look into it because I didn't book my current rate as an ES?? She also said that if I switched, I'll have to pay a penalty? Anyway, she said she'll call me back tomorrow with some more info but I was wondering if anyone experienced this before.

My current booking: midship, verandah deck and it's a balcony.The total cost is $2220.88, with my $500 deposit my current balance is $1720.88. The same booking under the "fall into savings promo", the total is $1800.88 and my $500 will put my due balance under this rate at $1300.88. Hopefully someone can help me out because I didn't understand what the PVP was talking about me paying penalties even though my cruise is 4 months away.