Celebrity Cruise Excursions - Beijing

Martyboy1

Thanks. I had planned on going outside the airport and did clear customs but when I got over to go outside, the smog was so bad I couldn't see more than 20 ft and went back to the airline lounge to wait for my flight. I have bad allergies and wasn't prepared to risk it. We do want to travel China though so I guess the masks are the go.

We were so fortunate when we went. We had clear sunny blue skies for the three days in Beijing. Our guide told us that spring is often the best time since people aren't using as much heat or air conditioning so there is less pollution related to that in the sky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were so fortunate when we went. We had clear sunny blue skies for the three days in Beijing. Our guide told us that spring is often the best time since people aren't using as much heat or air conditioning so there is less pollution related to that in the sky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When were you there?

The problem with Beijing is that it is not just pollution. When it's hot you get heat haze, when it's cold you get fog and mist, and in Spring the wind can blow the smog away but instead you get dust storms from the Northern deserts. Last year the sky was blue less than half the days in the year.

I was there in early October and you could barely see the sun. However a week later the wind blew in and I'm told that visitors had beautiful blue skies. Luck of the draw.

We were there in October, bright sunshine and smog free, re tours I'll copy and paste a reply I've done to Trip Advisor:

Great tour with Beijingtoursguide

I just wanted to post about our experience with Beijungtoursguide as prior to our holiday we struggled to get any real reviews for such tours.

We took a 2 day tour including a pick up at Tianjin cruise port, overnight in Sunworld hotel in Beijing and drop off back at the port, a 3 hour drive each way. We were taken to all the sights as a couple in a luxury car with driver, Mr Wang, and Jenny our guide. There was no rush anywhere, no pressure to visit any factories etc. and the tour included all entrance fees, hotel and lunches. Mr Wang even provided beer in the rear pockets of the car as well as bottles of water. He also bought us fruit during the day and two kites!

The booking with Daniel at the company was straightforward.

We couldn't fault the tour or driver and guide and I'm happy to advise if anyone out there is considering the same.

As an aside, Beijing was a great short destination, as well as the usual sightseeing we saw the street food: live scorpions, spiders, centipedes, lizards etc. and people were actually eating them, also loads of people line dancing in the street, a strange mix of ancient and modern transport and interesting toilets!

We were there in October, bright sunshine and smog free, re tours I'll copy and paste a reply I've done to Trip Advisor:

Great tour with Beijingtoursguide

I just wanted to post about our experience with Beijungtoursguide as prior to our holiday we struggled to get any real reviews for such tours.

We took a 2 day tour including a pick up at Tianjin cruise port, overnight in Sunworld hotel in Beijing and drop off back at the port, a 3 hour drive each way. We were taken to all the sights as a couple in a luxury car with driver, Mr Wang, and Jenny our guide. There was no rush anywhere, no pressure to visit any factories etc. and the tour included all entrance fees, hotel and lunches. Mr Wang even provided beer in the rear pockets of the car as well as bottles of water. He also bought us fruit during the day and two kites!

The booking with Daniel at the company was straightforward.

We couldn't fault the tour or driver and guide and I'm happy to advise if anyone out there is considering the same.

As an aside, Beijing was a great short destination, as well as the usual sightseeing we saw the street food: live scorpions, spiders, centipedes, lizards etc. and people were actually eating them, also loads of people line dancing in the street, a strange mix of ancient and modern transport and interesting toilets!

Hi Rusty,

We were thinking of doing the same or similar excursion (2 days overnight in Beijing), could you please advise the cost and who I should contact.

Thanks

Martyboy1

Here is the info you're looking for, I've copy and pasted it from an e mail I received from the company, hope this helps and that you enjoy the tour. By the wat the 4 star hotel is across the road from the 5 star on offer, the Sunworld was good and comfortable and in an ideal location. Our driver stayed over in the same hotel. On this tour we went to a better part of the Great Wall accessed by cable car( included in the tour cost) rather than a 1/2 hour slog uphill:

Thank you for visiting our web site and your interest in our services. My name is Daniel YAN. I am a travel advisor at Beijing Tours Guide. http://www.tianjinporttours.com is one of our company websites. It is my pleasure to assist you in planning your trip in Beijing from Tianjin Port.

Based on what I know of your requirements, you're interested in 2-Day Beijing Private Tour from Tianjin Port B. Below are detailed itinerary and quotation, please have a look. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Kindly Notes:

1) This tour is a private tour, providing a private English speaking guide and vehicle and driver, with no strangers join in, flexible and customizable.

2) If you decide book the tour, please pay the 50% of total tour fee as deposit in advance. Detailed payment methods, please visit our website at: http://www.beijingtoursguide.com/aboutus/payment-guide.html. Our quotation covered 4% transaction fee if you pay the deposit by PayPal. At the time you pay the deposit, please provide us the full name and passport number of each passenger. We also need to know your Cruise ship name. Once we receive your deposit and all information we will start to arrange your tour and send the tour confirmation letter to you. The balance you can pay in CNY by cash to our tour guide when you arrive in Beijing.

3) The quotation below consists of Price, Hotel, Itinerary, Inclusions and Exclusions, please check carefully.

2-Day Beijing Private Tour from Tianjin Port B

Day 1 (Oct. 15, 2014) Tianjin Port to Beijing (L)

Cruise Ship Name: TBA

Pick you up from Tianjin Port exit by our private English-speaking tour guide at 8am. Drive to the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section. Mutianyu Great Wall is one of the most popular section and available for cable car which offer a relaxed experience to reach a higher part. After lunch, we will drive to Beijing city and visit the Summer Palace. Summer Palace is the largest and best preserved royal garden in China. It mainly composed of Longevity Hill (Wanshou Shan) and Kunming Lake. After the tour, we will transfer you to the hotel.

Day 2 (Oct. 16, 2014) Beijing to Tianjin Port (B/L)

After breakfast, our guide will pick you up at 8am and go on a sight-seeing at Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Tiananmen Square is the largest public square in the world and formerly a courtyard in front of the main gate to the Forbidden City. Forbidden City located in the center of Beijing and it’s the world’s largest imperial palace complex. In the afternoon, we will start to visit the Temple of Heaven which the emperors prayed for favorable weather and ample harvest. After the tour, we will transfer you safely back to Tianjin Port.

Tour Quotation based on 2 persons: USD295/CNY1,830 per person with 3-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 4 persons: USD269/CNY1,665 per person with 3-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 6 persons: USD232/CNY1,440 per person with 3-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 2 persons: USD318/CNY1,970 per person with 4-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 4 persons: USD291/CNY1,805 per person with 4-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 6 persons: USD255/CNY1,580 per person with 4-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 2 persons: USD346/CNY2,145 per person with 5-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 4 persons: USD319/CNY1,980 per person with 5-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 6 persons: USD283/CNY1,755 per person with 5-star hotel

3-star Hotel:

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Minzuyuan

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/beijing/pegop/hoteldetail

4-star Hotel:

Beijing Sunworld Hotel

http://www.sunworldhotel.com.cn/ENG/Home/Index.aspx

5-star Hotel:

Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/beijing/pegwf/hoteldetail

Price Inclusions

*Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary.

*Free-bottled mineral water.

*Meals. B=breakfast, L=lunch.

*Hotel charges.

*Visit Chinese handicraft factory for free of charge.

*Private English-speaking tour guide and private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.

*Service charge & government taxes.

*China life tourist accident/casualty insurance.

Price Exclusions

*Personal expenses.

*Gratuities, tips to guides or drivers.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

P.S. Since Chinese network condition is not stable. If you are not able to send us the emails, please resend it to beijingtoursguide@gmail.com. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Daniel Yan

Your Travel Advisor

Beijing Tours Guide

Tel: +86-10-65703114/57291785

Fax: +86-10-65703144

Email: danielyan@beijingtoursguide.com or beijingtoursguide@gmail.com

http://www.beijingtoursguide.com

Beijing Explore Tours CO., LTD.

Room 925, Bldg B, JinYuKeLe, Shuangqiao Rd, ChaoYang District, Beijing, China 100024

Rustyman,

Thanks for the info above and which cruise ship were you on? Those are great prices. Can you remember if the hotel was non-smoking?

I was in Beijing on October 20 and the smog as horrible as I posted previously. I guess it's pretty hit or miss.

Jo

Edited by joandian

Here is the info you're looking for, I've copy and pasted it from an e mail I received from the company, hope this helps and that you enjoy the tour. By the wat the 4 star hotel is across the road from the 5 star on offer, the Sunworld was good and comfortable and in an ideal location. Our driver stayed over in the same hotel. On this tour we went to a better part of the Great Wall accessed by cable car( included in the tour cost) rather than a 1/2 hour slog uphill:

Thank you for visiting our web site and your interest in our services. My name is Daniel YAN. I am a travel advisor at Beijing Tours Guide. http://www.tianjinporttours.com is one of our company websites. It is my pleasure to assist you in planning your trip in Beijing from Tianjin Port.

Based on what I know of your requirements, you're interested in 2-Day Beijing Private Tour from Tianjin Port B. Below are detailed itinerary and quotation, please have a look. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Kindly Notes:

1) This tour is a private tour, providing a private English speaking guide and vehicle and driver, with no strangers join in, flexible and customizable.

2) If you decide book the tour, please pay the 50% of total tour fee as deposit in advance. Detailed payment methods, please visit our website at: http://www.beijingtoursguide.com/aboutus/payment-guide.html. Our quotation covered 4% transaction fee if you pay the deposit by PayPal. At the time you pay the deposit, please provide us the full name and passport number of each passenger. We also need to know your Cruise ship name. Once we receive your deposit and all information we will start to arrange your tour and send the tour confirmation letter to you. The balance you can pay in CNY by cash to our tour guide when you arrive in Beijing.

3) The quotation below consists of Price, Hotel, Itinerary, Inclusions and Exclusions, please check carefully.

2-Day Beijing Private Tour from Tianjin Port B

Day 1 (Oct. 15, 2014) Tianjin Port to Beijing (L)

Cruise Ship Name: TBA

Pick you up from Tianjin Port exit by our private English-speaking tour guide at 8am. Drive to the Great Wall of Mutianyu Section. Mutianyu Great Wall is one of the most popular section and available for cable car which offer a relaxed experience to reach a higher part. After lunch, we will drive to Beijing city and visit the Summer Palace. Summer Palace is the largest and best preserved royal garden in China. It mainly composed of Longevity Hill (Wanshou Shan) and Kunming Lake. After the tour, we will transfer you to the hotel.

Day 2 (Oct. 16, 2014) Beijing to Tianjin Port (B/L)

After breakfast, our guide will pick you up at 8am and go on a sight-seeing at Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Tiananmen Square is the largest public square in the world and formerly a courtyard in front of the main gate to the Forbidden City. Forbidden City located in the center of Beijing and it’s the world’s largest imperial palace complex. In the afternoon, we will start to visit the Temple of Heaven which the emperors prayed for favorable weather and ample harvest. After the tour, we will transfer you safely back to Tianjin Port.

Tour Quotation based on 2 persons: USD295/CNY1,830 per person with 3-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 4 persons: USD269/CNY1,665 per person with 3-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 6 persons: USD232/CNY1,440 per person with 3-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 2 persons: USD318/CNY1,970 per person with 4-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 4 persons: USD291/CNY1,805 per person with 4-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 6 persons: USD255/CNY1,580 per person with 4-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 2 persons: USD346/CNY2,145 per person with 5-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 4 persons: USD319/CNY1,980 per person with 5-star hotel

Tour Quotation based on 6 persons: USD283/CNY1,755 per person with 5-star hotel

3-star Hotel:

Holiday Inn Express Beijing Minzuyuan

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/beijing/pegop/hoteldetail

4-star Hotel:

Beijing Sunworld Hotel

http://www.sunworldhotel.com.cn/ENG/Home/Index.aspx

5-star Hotel:

Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/beijing/pegwf/hoteldetail

Price Inclusions

*Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary.

*Free-bottled mineral water.

*Meals. B=breakfast, L=lunch.

*Hotel charges.

*Visit Chinese handicraft factory for free of charge.

*Private English-speaking tour guide and private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.

*Service charge & government taxes.

*China life tourist accident/casualty insurance.

Price Exclusions

*Personal expenses.

*Gratuities, tips to guides or drivers.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

P.S. Since Chinese network condition is not stable. If you are not able to send us the emails, please resend it to beijingtoursguide@gmail.com. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Daniel Yan

Your Travel Advisor

Beijing Tours Guide

Tel: +86-10-65703114/57291785

Fax: +86-10-65703144

Email: danielyan@beijingtoursguide.com or beijingtoursguide@gmail.com

http://www.beijingtoursguide.com

Beijing Explore Tours CO., LTD.

Room 925, Bldg B, JinYuKeLe, Shuangqiao Rd, ChaoYang District, Beijing, China 100024

Thanks Rusty,

That was very interesting.

Would you recommend the company above as it seems quite cheap?

Thanks

Martyboy1

Yes, the tour was excellent and the driver and guide really friendly. We saw everything at our pace, on discussing the tour with other passengers who used the Celebrity tour ours was much better.

Daniel was good to deal with, he replied to e mails very quickly. We were apprehensive before taking the tour as reviews on the company were scarce however the tour far exceeded our expectations. Our car was large, new and luxurious and our driver, Mr Wang, even put beer in the back pockets as well as water, what more can you ask, it was welcomed as we had scorching weather.