Scenic Oceanview rooms?

lbow2006

They are on conquest class ships. There are 2 with more windows and the ones in the middle only have one. Don't think there is a different name for them though.

Edited by bm6pm5

Most of the time the grand scenic rooms won't show up as available on the Carnival site even if they are. You should call if you know what date and ship you want booked to see if it is available. I've booked it 3 times and it never showed doing a mock booking. I can always see it using one of several online TA sites. Don't know what's up with that.

Most of the time the grand scenic rooms won't show up as available on the Carnival site even if they are. You should call if you know what date and ship you want booked to see if it is available. I've booked it 3 times and it never showed doing a mock booking. I can always see it using one of several online TA sites. Don't know what's up with that.

Okay that makes sense. I'm not ready to book right now, but that's good to know for the future. Maybe I need to get friendly with a TA so I can view the info, lol. ;)

The scenic ocean views on the corners that have more windows are 4K's...the other scenic OV are 4J's

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app

The scenic oceanview that we had on the Sunshine was a 6J and was above the bridge on Lido deck. The grands are 6K.

Loved 9109!

The scenic ocean views on the corners that have more windows are 4K's...the other scenic OV are 4J's

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app

This isn't correct. 4Ks are french door cabins with obstructed views. They are on spirit class ships and considered inside cabins and located along the corridors.

4Js are all the way forward on Conquest and Dream class ships. They have windows that look out to the secret deck and also considered inside cabins.

6Js (scenic) and 6Ks (grand scenic) are on the ships noted above in response #3 - Conquest, Valor, Glory, Sunshine, and Freedom. These are oceanview rooms and have sweeping floor to ceiling windows (2 in the 6Ks, 1 in the 6Js). Also all the way forward.

There are two 6Ks on the corners next to the Captain Suites on each side of the ship. Then 4 6Js between the 6Ks. 6K is most limited in availability, because there are only two of them. Then 6Js as there are only 4. However if you desire any of these unique rooms it's best to book early as you can. All of them are limited in availability.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

• 2 weeks later...

Just an oceanview, but trust me it is not normal. The view is amazing. Look on Youtube and you will find an excellent video tour or I think 9200 or 9201 on the Valor. Well worth the money. We had one booked a second time for next fall on the Valor, but they switched ships on us and we lost our awesome room.

Is it worth the $$ difference between the scenic and grand? Does the grand have a secret walkway or just like a normal ocean view, set into the ship?

I've seen both rooms and stayed in a grand scenic. IMO both are exceptional upgrades to a regular oceanview, which on the larger ships are restricted to the first two passengers decks.

The scenic cabins are spacious with a wall dedicated to a huge floor to ceiling picture window and are between 220-230 sq. ft.

The grand scenic are just huge. 320-330 sq.ft depending on the ship and a wall with two floor ceiling windows. My family of 4 stayed in 9200 on the Freedom and we had plenty of space. Even the bathroom felt bigger. And I love that they are lido-deck cabins.

You can't walk out in front of either of these rooms. The cat walk is for maintenance only.