Member Cruises

gja360

Hi, just wondering...has anyone been on a Royal Caribbean Member cruise? My fiance and I are thinking about doing the Freedom member cruise next November. What should we expect? Do they have different things to do and see onboard compared to a regular cruise? Hopefully we will be taking another cruise before then so we can become platinum members before that cruise.

Thanks for any help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually did a members cruise on the Nordic Empress out of New York to Bermuda a couple years ago. They had a special function for all the Diamond members, then one for the Platinum members and they had one hugh welcome back for everyone. What was really nice, every night we would come back to the room and there were two RCCL items on the bed for my husband and I. 2-RCCL visors, 2-RCCL keychains with suntan lotion, 2 RCCL tote bags, 2-RCCL CD holders, can't remember the other things, but it was really a nice touch on RCCL behalf to its members. I'd do another members cruise in a second.

firedog001, I was on that cruise too! Do you happen to remember the 4 ladies introduced at the welcome back party as the Goddesses of the Nordic Empress? We had the leaf & flower head peices. I was one of them! I was Venus, Goddess of Love. LOL

I would do a member cruise again as well. It was really fun with the added activities and gifts. I still use my beach bag on every cruise....perfect for the pool. I know they are usually priced a little higher, but there are usually coupons in the C&A magazine.

Yes, i do remember the ladies being introduced. We love this ship, we are doing B2B on her on Sept 17 & 22. Want to see what they did in the refurb.

I tell so many people about the member cruises, yeah, you might pay a little more, but i felt they totally showed their appreciation to repeaters like us.

you're going to love the new stuff. the area with the pictures is really nice along with Portofinos and the Seatles best and Ben & Jerrys. It's really nice. and the Schooner is very nice.....so much better than the old carousel.

I was in Ft. Lauderdale last weekend and went to the pier to see some of my crew friends as they came off for some time in the city. It was fun to see them.

Have a great time! I'm jealous. I really wanted to be back on her this year but I've run out of vacation time!

jlifeisgoodfaye: We are definitely going to Portofino's one night. Someone on CC said they have Mystery Night in Portofino's for $49.00. Wanted to do this once before on the Brilliance, but we didn't make it. So we will sign up for it as soon as we get on board. Only crew we became friends with were our dining room waiters, both of them are no longer on board. We sent them care packages every year for christmas.

bluehorizonlover: Glad to hear you got freebies anyway. I know on other cruises we only had one thing put in our cabins from C&A.

firedog

Hi, just wondering...has anyone been on a Royal Caribbean Member cruise? My fiance and I are thinking about doing the Freedom member cruise next November. What should we expect? Do they have different things to do and see onboard compared to a regular cruise? Hopefully we will be taking another cruise before then so we can become platinum members before that cruise.

I thought the C & A member cruise on Freedom was in October...did they add another one..I am on the Oct. 15 sailing which is a C & A cruise....first time for us to experience that.

The Oct C & A cruise is pretty booked up.

Also sailing on the inaugural of Freedom June 4

Emmy

I would say make your decision soon as member cruises fill up quickly. The Cruise Critic 10/15/06 Freedom cruise is close to sold out.

We just got back, 8/14-19, from the 5 night Members Cruise on Grandeur. Loved it. We had some members only activities, raffles, c&a gifts, brunch. I don't remember the cost being higher, we booked onboard over a year ago. I am booked on the Member Cruise to Alaska in '06.

Sue

I did the C&A cruise last year on Vision and loved it! I had dinner with the Captain three times (Diamond Plus and there were only a handful of us), we got a free excursion, gifts every evening, cocktails every evening. They made us feel very special.

I had booked the C& A cruise on Freedom but cancelled it. The sheer size of the ship turns me off and I cannot imagine they will be as generous as they are on smaller sailings.

Archived