Just off the Breeze! Watcha wanna know?

Nicole721

CD now is Wee Jimmy and he was probably the best CD we've had in our 15 or so Carnival cruises!

He had me in STITCHES anytime he was around!

We were on the Breeze last week---the rainy, cloudy, medical emergency cruise! I can only remember one previous CD, but Wee Jimmy will stay with me forever. He was absolutely the best! With all that went wrong on our sailing we still had a great time and a lot of that had to do with him. I would love to sail with Wee Jimmy again.

Looking forward to your review! We are in cabin 2258 over Thanksgiving, same itinerary. How was the noise above your cabin? Noise from the elevator area? Did the Breeze come to port on your side of the ship? How were the chair hogs? If you can't get the review out before we go (I understand, still haven't written my review from Sept 1 cruise:eek:) then what ever you can answer is appreciated!

Did you take advantage of the week long spa pass ? Considering getting for us but wanted to hear some good feedback first.

We were on the Spa deck (12) on the DREAM and will be again on the Breeze in two weeks. I am not big spa person but wife is, and being able to use the facilities anytime especially right our door made it her best cruise. She also was able to make appointments there for on sea days before most other could book. I do not know if the week pass gives you that or not.

3. Halloween costume contest. Anything Wee Jimmy hosted was hilarious (which was pretty much every event -- I couldn't name or identify a single other member of the entertainment staff because Wee Jimmy was everywhere. Not sure what that says about his staff but he was great!).

I'm also immediately off of the Breeze. I just wanted to add that this point for everyone else reading. The Breeze is the one of the first ships to move to the Entertainment Directory/Cruise Director system. Because Wee Jimmy didn't need to run the entertainment department, his job is now to host pretty much every big event on the ship. It was really cool seeing the cruise director out and about in so many events.

Edited by Branman

We were on the sailing before you and stayed in Cove Balcony 2283. We were right by the elevators and never heard any noise! It was a such a great spot! Wee Jimmy was great, we had a lot go wrong with the cruise but he and his staff were awesome. Can't wait to do the Breeze again.

Edited by bbrooks

Interested in the "new CD system "

please explain

Wee Jimmy explained it in his Q&A yesterday:

On most ships, the CD is the head of the Entertainment Department reporting to the Hotel Director. S/He is in charge of many things in this role: scheduling of activities, producing the fun times, handling personnel issues (e.g. performance reviews), going to senior officers meetings, and fighting fires (e.g. it's the CD's problem if something malfunctions with the stage equipment). Basically all of the things that you would expect the head of a department in a company to do. The cruise director would have to do this in addition to being the voice of the ship and hosting shows.

Now, the department administration is handled by the entertainment director. The CD is now free to predominately do guest-facing activities. One result of this is that there is no assistant cruise director on the Breeze since the CD is now free to host way more things. Seriously, he spent a few hours on Lido yesterday hosting groove for St. Jude, a random air guitar competition that he just made up on the spot, and observing Orlando (the other big social host) host the Ms. Carnival Breeze competition.

Can't wait for the review. What was playing on the 4D theatre? We don't know what to do in curaçao or Dominican Republic? What do you suggest?

Not sure about the 4D theatre -- we didn't look out for that.

Curaçao is a nice port to walk around in, but we're partial to one of the beaches at Seaquarium Beach so we headed there.

In the Dominican Republic, we've only done beach excursions.

I have this cabin booked. How was it? Any tips for my first time in a cove?

It was fine -- the same as many of our other balcony cabins. The only difference we noted was that this cabin was significantly cooler than many of our other cabins on other ships. We very much appreciated that since few things are more uncomfortable than a warm cabin on a Caribbean cruise :)

Looking forward to your review! We are in cabin 2258 over Thanksgiving, same itinerary. How was the noise above your cabin? Noise from the elevator area? Did the Breeze come to port on your side of the ship? How were the chair hogs? If you can't get the review out before we go (I understand, still haven't written my review from Sept 1 cruise:eek:) then what ever you can answer is appreciated!

-We definitely noticed some noise but nothing crazy.

-Ship docked water side in nearly all ports, to my recollection.

-No issues with chair hogs.

What is a good time to get to the port for embarkation? We were unable to get FTTF. We be going this coming Saturday and appears to have been sold out for last few weeks

Not sure -- we're Platinum, so we were amongst the first to board and didn't notice when general boarding began.

I'll have to check my notes, but I think we boarded around 11:30?