Carnival FunPhone

angelamarie81

I saw an article from 2013 about the Carnival FunPhone being available on the Breeze.

It's now the end of 2014 ... is the Carnival FunPhone available on any other ships?

It has disappeared from all conversation and correspondence. Don't know what happened.

Someone asked on Facebook in August and got this response.

Sage Stevens Sandra - You are going to have to continue to tap away. John is currently off Facebook until 5/6, while he is traveling and getting ready to be the CD on the Carnival Miracle. You may want to repost this after that date. However, he has mentioned previously they are still waiting for the analysis of the trial to decide if they want to proceed with this method of onboard communications.

What was the fun phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was an app that you could install on your phone, and it would allow you to text other people on the ship without using cell service (+ some other features). There are similar apps you can find. A lot of them run over the ships wifi, but I seem to recall one that worked without even being on the wifi network (I think).

You can google NCL phone app to see what they are like.

Carnival had it in the Andriod marketplace and were testing it on the Breeze, but then poof.

I was just going to ask about this. It looks like the funphone app is no longer available. I also came across Ripple Cruise Communicator, and Connect @ Sea. Ripple is apparently a third party app and it seems that Carnival has blocked it. Connect seems to be a partnership with cruise lines and the satellite service, but I can't seem to find any good info on whether it works on Carnival, and how much. I'm not really concerned about connecting back home but would love to be able to communicate with my group on board. I've used NCL's app and liked it. Anyone know about Connect, or had any luck with ripple in the past couple weeks?

Edited by oceanseagle12
Spelling