Communicating onboard

I used RippleCommunicator on my iPhone with very good results on my 11/15 vision of the seas cruise. It does consume a good bit of battery so I kept a charger close by.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Following up:

UnrealIRCd worked pretty well on Independence last week. Android users were mostly using Rice Beta as a client. I don't remember what iOS users picked. Connections tended to get lost while moving around the ship, so a client that does not close channel windows and automatically reconnects and rejoins is a must. Make sure that the machine running UnrealIRCd is also set to automatically reconnect to the royal-wifi network as well as it may well lose a connection too. No troubles reaching the server from anyplace that there was a good connection on the ship, though.

Thanks for the info. I was on Explorer a couple of weeks ago and they had turned on wireless isolation since the last time I was aboard. I could not even print to their network printer from my laptop like I've been doing for years.