Movies on the NCL Dawn

seemoreroyals

On our Bermuda cruise in September, a couple of times I noticed they showed movies in the Stardust theatre (always missed noticing them til too late!)

On a previous b2b Canada/NE cruise on the Dawn, no movies.

So it may be something new, or dependent on itinerary.

Thanks VV, DG, and BAS. We cruise on the Dawn in 31 days. We both really enjoy a good movie. One of the cruises we took, can't remember which one, had movies on the TV but you never knew when they came on. In any case we hope the Dawn has some movies and they have an easy way of finding out when and where they will be showing so we can plan accordingly.

Anyone know if the TV's have HMDI ports on the back? Nice to took the tablet up to a bigger screen to watch movies in the room.

From what I have read in other strings, the answer would be as follows:

Any LCD tv's would have HDMI ports but from what I have read on cc they are disabled.

I have never tried to hook up any devices so all I can provide second hand knowledge. I am sure there is someone out there who could confirm this.

I wish they'd show movies in the afternoon in the theater. That's what they did on my first cruise back in the mid-90's on a now defunct cruiseline. I remember one day they played a bunch of James Bond movies back-to-back.

Anyone know if the TV's have HMDI ports on the back? Nice to took the tablet up to a bigger screen to watch movies in the room.

I've tried on the Epic, Dawn, and Star and was never successful. And I brought all kinds of HDMI cables and adapters. I thought I had all the bases covered, but I struck out.

Somebody here once wondered if it was a safety thing. Like, if they needed to announce something in an emergency they might be required to broadcast it on the televisions as well as the PA. So they lock the unused ports to ensure every TV is always available to any emergency broadcast.

Don't quote me on that. I'm just relaying what somebody else once pondered.

If I recall, when I was on the Dawn in September they showed Gravity and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in the the lounge. I didnt attend either so I dont know the quality.

They do have a couple of movie channels on the TV's and I watched a couple of flicks while sitting around the room. You'll see the same movies played over and over again. I think I saw parts of Meet The Parents about six times before actually seeing the entire thing.

Was on the Dawn two weeks ago,

2 channels with movies, the schedule is on an other channel and it will give you a 36 hour schedule for both channel.

I didn't take notice of all the titles but there was : maleficent, blended, a kids movie I don't remember the title and about 8 others.

No pay per view in our cabin.

Its good to know that there is a great likelihood of having movies to watch while on the Dawn both on TV in the cabin and in lounge/public setting as well. With as much other stuff as there is to do, probably won't watch too many unless they have something playing that is really good that we have not seen before.

Its good to know that there is a great likelihood of having movies to watch while on the Dawn both on TV in the cabin and in lounge/public setting as well. With as much other stuff as there is to do, probably won't watch too many unless they have something playing that is really good that we have not seen before.

They always have some recent releases on the TV. When we were on the Dawn in April 2013 they were showing Lincoln which was just on released on DVD/Bluray a week earlier and that Tom Cruise movie, Jack Reacher, which wasn't officially released on DVD/Bluray in North America until a week after we disembarked. There were more, but those are the only two I can remember off the top of my head.

I know I'm not alone when I say that whenever I watch a movie in my cabin it's always in 10 minutes blocks in totally random order. By the end of the cruise I have seen the entire movie but never in the proper sequence of events. So I'm forced to go out and buy the Bluray when I get home. That's what happened with Lincoln. I couldn't make hide nor hair out of it until I got home and bought it and watched it from start to finish.

Edited by rajones007