Radiance HUMP 9078 or AFT 1104??

Hello...When I had an earlier thread on this site, I was aksing people what they thought about room 9078 we booked on the Radiance for this December. I had mentioned even though we have cruised over a dozen times, we had never stayed in a Hump cabin, nor an Aft cabin. We have been in balcony cabins and suites but never the hump or aft.

Just about everyone mentioned that cabin 9078 that we have booked is a wonderful cabin with a large balcony, privacy, etc and we should love it. However, I see that aft cabin 1104 on the deck above us which is deck 10 has just opened up too.

Since we cruise a lot, we whatever cabin we decide not to do, we can do next time. But I would love to know from everyone that is familiar with both cabins or both types of cabins and balconies, which cabin would they choose first and why? From what I can tell from the deck plan diagram, it seems like the only difference would be for us to decide if we want to be on the side of the ship with hump cabin 9078, or on the back of the ship with a more wide open spacious view of the sea and land in aft cabin 1104.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, stay with 9078. It is a long, time consuming and boring walk back to the aft. Save your valuable vacation time for something fun. We just did our first aft cabin and have booked 9078 for our next. We will stick with the side, midship from now on.

Go with the aft, you will not regret it. I always laugh about how people say it is such a long walk to your cabin in the aft. Come on, you are indulging in food and drink to excess (usually people on a cruise do this) so walk it off. It is really not that long of a walk, unless you are old or incapacitated, the aft is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello...When I had an earlier thread on this site, I was aksing people what they thought about room 9078 we booked on the Radiance for this December. I had mentioned even though we have cruised over a dozen times, we had never stayed in a Hump cabin, nor an Aft cabin. We have been in balcony cabins and suites but never the hump or aft.

Just about everyone mentioned that cabin 9078 that we have booked is a wonderful cabin with a large balcony, privacy, etc and we should love it. However, I see that aft cabin 1104 on the deck above us which is deck 10 has just opened up too.

Since we cruise a lot, we whatever cabin we decide not to do, we can do next time. But I would love to know from everyone that is familiar with both cabins or both types of cabins and balconies, which cabin would they choose first and why? From what I can tell from the deck plan diagram, it seems like the only difference would be for us to decide if we want to be on the side of the ship with hump cabin 9078, or on the back of the ship with a more wide open spacious view of the sea and land in aft cabin 1104.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Regards,

Dave

We had 1104 on the Brilliance...the walk..nice exercise. The view..superb, the balcony..huge, the privacy NICE! Go AFT, young man, go AFT!!

Dave, stay with 9078. It is a long, time consuming and boring walk back to the aft. Save your valuable vacation time for something fun. We just did our first aft cabin and have booked 9078 for our next. We will stick with the side, midship from now on.

It takes under a minute walking in a straight line to get from the elevator bank to the aft. It takes a little longer if you're weaving down the hall.:D

We've never had a hump cabin, so I can't compare. We had our first aft a couple of years ago on Vision, and have never considered another section of the ship. We book waaaaaay in advance to get that aft location!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim...Our cruise to the Western Caribbean is December 11th, leaving from Miami. We are also staying overnight in Miami, a day before the actual cruise. Good way to relax and get into cruise mode. I think we are going to stick with cabin 9078 at this point, since we had already booked it. We will shoot for the back of the ship cabin on our next cruise.

I want to thak everyone for all of your help and information provided. I will take plenty of photos from the cruise and comment on the ship, cruise and cabin when we return

Regards,

Dave

Clue me in on a hump cabin..........

We have 9228 on FOS and never heard the term hump regarding it, s it is a D1.

9338 on FOS is not a hump. "Hump" cabins are called so because they are on a part of the ship (midship) that curves out. These are desirable because A) the balconies are usually bigger due to the odd shape and B) they are usually right off the Centrum, so there's little walk to everything.

Barb

Hey Dave;

Take good care of the 9078!!

That's going to be our cabin in April!! Would do the midships over the Aft every time. These people who rave for the aft cabins have never stayed in a cabin like 9078 to see the difference. You still get the HUGE balcony without the problems of the aft cabins.

The problems that they try to justify with statements like:

"The long walks down 125 feet of narrow hallway only takes a minute longer."

"The exercise is good for you".:cool:

"You are indulging in food and drink to excess (usually people on a cruise do this) so walk it off." ;)

"You'll get used to that rumbling and vibration from the engines by the third day.":mad:

"The all night clanging of the flag against the flagpole over the aft balconies was kinda' patriotic" :eek:

Keep the Midships Hump Cabin and book it again for your next cruise.

Hi Darrell...Thanks for the insight on cabin 9078. We are so looking forward to it. We are balcony lovers. We love to eat breakfest on the balcony, sit out there late in the day after a shore excursion and before dinner, then again late at night before retiring for the evening, so a nice balcony with a great view is important to us, while not so important to others.

I will let you know how we enjoyed the room after we get back.

Thanks Again!!

Regards,

Dave

Dave, I will wait patiently for your review and photos. We have 9078 for a 21 day back to back in May. I wonder if the dry dock for the Radiance in January will also include refurbishing the cabins?

I think you made the right decision. Enjoy your cruise!

Any input on the hump cabins on Voyager? I have a JS on deck ten--which looks to be on the hump. I have stayed in a variety of cabins-usually JS, or GS-although did the Royal once on Empress.

I have stayed away from the aft-as looking backwards makes me feel sick. I use a patch-but don't want to push the inner ear issue. I have visited an aft cabin-but only when in port. So just wondering if anyone has been in cabin 1628 on the Voyager and if the hump issue makes it any different from the rest of the JS.

Archived