Carnival Upsell Fairy - question for fellow cruisers

jandtb

We're still considered new to the cruising world (we've done AI vacations for 10 yrs). While the answer seems a tiny bit obvious (I think), pardon the question.

For those that have received a call from the "upsell fairy", since it's out of the blue, do you have to decide then and there on the phone or do they give you a "gimme 5 minutes and I'll call you back"??

You can call back (they left me a voicemail and I called the next morning) but from what I gather they are offering the same deal to others in the meantime, so it might not be available if it's something super limited (like owners suites and such).

We're still considered new to the cruising world (we've done AI vacations for 10 yrs). While the answer seems a tiny bit obvious (I think), pardon the question.

For those that have received a call from the "upsell fairy", since it's out of the blue, do you have to decide then and there on the phone or do they give you a "gimme 5 minutes and I'll call you back"??

I'm far from the most experienced cruiser. The one time I was notified, it was by email. So there was a way to respond.

I have read threads about getting the call. The one's I have seen make it seem like it is a take it or leave it offer when they call. I could be wrong about that though.

Wish I could tell you when they email vs call, but I just don't know.

Hopefully some of the more experienced cruisers will chip in their advice.

You can call back (they left me a voicemail and I called the next morning) but from what I gather they are offering the same deal to others in the meantime, so it might not be available if it's something super limited (like owners suites and such).

Thanks! I figured they would continue calling around in the meantime, but I was thinking I could be caught in an "I don't know what to do" situation..