RCL - Tiami Five Star Catamaran & Turtles

CFC

Dad and nine year old, are taking the Adventure of the Seas without Mom. So we are looking for easy and fun excursions.

Really wanted to do the Concorde Experience but have read some reports of them not opening when scheduled. Also, it seems that RCL used to have an excursion but they were dropped for inconsistency of their hours.

Was looking for any feedback on the Tiami Five Star Catamaran & Turtles. It is currently priced at 106 adults 80 for kids. Anybody taken this excursion?

---write up--

Set sail for a fun day in and on the water with a welcoming crew. Cruise Barbados' scenic coastline to a sheltered bay where you can swim, relax on the beach, or join a guided reef snorkel. At a second stop, thrill to the special opportunity to swim and snorkel near sea turtles in their natural habitat. Refuel onboard over lunch and drinks and enjoy a fun ambience on the return to Bridgetown. BB51

Scenic Cruise: Enjoy tropical breezes and coastline views from a spacious catamaran with room to sun and plenty of shade.

Swim & Snorkel: Visit a sheltered beach with optional reef snorkel tour and a site where sea turtles typically gather.

Food & Beverages: Morning coffee/tea, baked goods, juices, hot and cold buffet lunch, and drinks all included.

Tiami is big and they pack a lot of people on. For a parent and a nine year old I would highly recommend spending a bit more and going with Calabaza sailing cruises. They took excellent care of our 6 and 8 year olds. With only 12 people total on board the crew was able to give excellent relaxed

Attention to every person.

We've not gone on Tiami but every time we've seen it there were people crowded together. We have gone more than once with both Cool Runnings and Silver Moon. I think we've been 5 times and every time we looked at Tiami (going out the same time as us) and commented on how glad we weren't on it. Cool Runnings and Silver Moon both have less people. Highly recommend both of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have also been looking at this excursion, and see there are 2 Tiami Catamaran excursions that are offered with RCCL. One is specifically called the Miami Five-Star Catamaran; I wonder if that one would have less passengers on it since they are promising a 5-star experience? I see one poster said they did the 5-star and there were less people. Has anyone else done that one specifically?

We've done Silver Moon in the past but they are booked, and so is Calabaza. So, I thought we'd try the ship excursion but prefer a less-crowded catamaran.

OP here, can't quite decided what to do yet. The comments on crowding kinda scared me off. Tried to book a car but none available at this time. Might just hire a cab for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums