Princess Grill and Orange Juice

cruiseluvva

Can anyone tell me is the orange juice served in PG the same freshly squeezed as served in QG or the diluted juice served in Britannia? I am very particular about my OJ and if it isn't the same, I shall take my own on board.

Thanks for any replies.

On the occasions that I have been in the Grills, I have been served both fresh and diluted orange juice in both Queens and Princess Grills including last month on the QE.

Consequently I suggest that you always specify that you would like fresh juice which should negate the need to carry your own on board, unless you also want some for your cabin or are concerned about the acidity levels of the freshly squeezed juice which may be different to shop bought squeezed juice. Of course a variation in the acidity probably will not be a problem for you but is just another thing to take into consideration!

The idea of bringing your own orange juice when paying Grill fares would make me start to look for another cruise line.

David.

I think I am the problem, in that I am so particular, rather than Cunard. However, I have now asked for clarification from Cunard - IF they respond!

From my experience in PG, QG and Britannia, you do have to specify "freshly squeezed orange juice" every time you order it. Even in Queen's Grill when the menu listed fresh orange juice , I forgot to say "fresh" one morning and I got some rubbish which only vaguely resembled orange juice.

On a recent crossing in Britannia we asked for fresh orange juice almost every morning and it was offered without hesitation, except once when the waiter said he would have to ask the maître d' if it could be provided. But it arrived very quickly.

Edited by david,Mississauga

• 2 weeks later...