Gratuities for Kid's Club Staff

cruise&travelgirl

I'm wondering if the gratuities for kid's club staff is included in the $12/day or should we be tipping kid's club staff separately?

I believe you are talking about the service charge, which is not a gratuity. Certain positions are not included in the service charge, such as the Entertainment Staff (Youth Program, Cruise Staff, etc.) and the concierge.

Thank you both... that is exactly what I was wondering. If you tip the staff in the kid's club at the end of the cruise, do you know if it will be split amongst the kid's club staff? I know they will have a lot of great people working in the kid's club and I don't want to only end up tipping one person.

I have been told in the past by the kids club staff that the tips are pooled. Also, they have regular salaried positions and are not part of the tipping pool.... this is not to discourage people from tipping, we always have, but just to point out that it's not a position "dependent" on tips to earn a wage. We typically tip about $20 per kid for the week.

I have been told in the past by the kids club staff that the tips are pooled. Also, they have regular salaried positions and are not part of the tipping pool.... this is not to discourage people from tipping, we always have, but just to point out that it's not a position "dependent" on tips to earn a wage. We typically tip about $20 per kid for the week.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that the tips are pooled. :)

They are salaried employees and I have been told they make about as much as a first year school teacher plus then room and board and an exotic locale. Most have college degrees in early childhood, physical education type programs.

Tips are pooled. I think $100 is extremely generous and on the high end of tips they get.