"LIVE" from the Navigator of the Seas - November 9, 2014

Good morning and welcome to Day 7!

It's a bit brisk this morning, and they day started quite grey, but we're getting some peaks of sun, so I hope it warms up a bit, because I won't be getting a tan with my hoodie sweatshirt on! I'll try and post more photos shortly, but wifi is not cooperating at all today, and I keep losing connectivity. Could be that the system is overloaded since it's our last day....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Monday night football on the big screen

We will be sailing in March. Will they be playing March Madness basketball games on the big screen?

Thank you for continuing to post your review and photos.

If you get a chance as you take your photos as you work your way down to 3rd, could you take a pic of GS 1560 or similar?

Here are Sabor menus

I'm told it is the same menu for lunch and dinner

64AC5546-C0FC-4995-878D-C66EA2B9BC69_zps2wp33oft.jpg

AECF7DA8-8878-441F-88D3-1F6EEF97D0F2_zps7u4bfu68.jpg

I tried to get one of those amazing margaritas at the R Bar last night, but it was nothing like the one from Sabor.

R Bar

08F7C155-F91C-47BD-8ADA-33B57B572178_zpsqhxemohf.jpg

25C701F0-E148-4D75-8186-AEE53132B9E9_zpslkqheemu.jpg

What a Awesome review. We are going on the NOS in April 2015. Was trying to figure out which Specialty Restaurant to go to Sabor's or Chops. Man that Sabor's looks Fantastic!!!

We are staying in GS do they offer the valet luggage service there. That is so nice not seeing your luggage till you get home.

We have a different itinerary but doesn't matter we are on a cruise :D

Luggage Valet Information from RCI website.

Luggage Valet

Luggage Valet

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage.

This service is available in these selected ports:

•Fort Lauderdale

•Port Canaveral

•Miami

•Seattle

•Seward

and on these selected airlines:

•Air Tran

•Alaska Airlines

•American

•Delta

•United

•US Airways

•Jet Blue

•Southwest Airlines

Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

Cafe Promenade sandwich selection

E8539B7F-FF2F-4736-8572-4228255FB746_zpsepinwwto.jpg

D409F44B-BFE8-475A-A4D1-F643401DD087_zpsw2gqwdms.jpg

I opted for room service lunch instead, honey stung chicken. Room service can be slow on sea days. It took almost an hour from the time I placed my order, and my fries were cold 😔

But the chicken was hot and very good. Haven't seen honey stung chicken in the windjammer at all this week.

98A4D887-ADB3-495F-8974-2EC14CBE8B8E_zpswzvuwszv.jpg

Raspberry cheesecake with a strawberry

6F487518-1E95-4405-A8EA-329754CBB8E6_zpsacdhwcgt.jpg

I miss the little coffee table in the room! The only other option is to perch your plate on your lap, or on the bed or the sofa. Unless you want to sit at the vanity and watch yourself eat! 😳

I'll walk around and grab more photos later today and this evening. The promenade looks a little like Walmart on Black Friday. Between the sales and the cool weather, a lot of folks are retreating indoors.

I love the reflection of the sun on the water in these photos I took about an hour ago from my balcony...

F75C075B-F9DD-482F-900B-DCBFA254F9CD_zpscrtexcge.jpg

D296059E-A39D-4186-B268-E4FDC63DE6AE_zpsiyzne2p2.jpg

Well, I'm off to grab my afternoon beverage and find a quiet spot to read my book...

Who is the headliner and do you know if they are staying on board? Sometimes they change out at one of the ports.

Love your review. Ready to be back on board the NoS and eating at the Sabor.

Thanks

We don't go to the shows usually. It looks like there were several... Greg London on day 6 , John Joseph and Johnny B on day 3

Thanks to everyone who has followed along thus far. I appreciate all the nice comments, and hope you have enjoyed the photos!

We ported in Galveston at 7 am. Some photos coming in...

FA301C2B-AE1D-48B9-A600-A1B5A95C8AA5_zpskdkwam5e.jpg

60EBACAE-DDB0-4319-868D-376A306C82C0_zpse0imlw87.jpg

We did express walk off because we have a 12:50 flight out of IAH. After reading many accounts about long delays thru customs in Galveston, I figured this was our only option to ensure we were off early. I inquired early in the week to get express walk off cards for our group. We were assigned group b, with a 715 departure from the deck 4 sapphire dining room.

We started to head down about 7 am, and as I suspected every elevator was full. We wound up going up to come down. Once we exited on deck 4, we were not ushered into the dining room, but instead sent outside on deck 4. The line then wrapped around the entire length of deck 4. At exactly 7:15, they announced self assist A and B could proceed thru customs. When you finally exit the ship through the jetways, you need to take an escalator or the elevator down to the customs section of the terminal.

There were 8 customs agents working , and we were through the lines and curbside at 8 am. 45 minutes total. However if you are considering self assist, there is a lot of snaking around through lines in the terminal, and you cannot get a porter in the terminal if you do self assist.

We are currently on board our bus through Cool Tours and headed to the airport. Our pick up was scheduled at 830, and the arrived 15 minutes nearly. Highly recommend Cool tours! All of our transportation legs on this trip have gone flawlessly!

Edited by niksmom630

We just got off the Navigator on Sunday. Loved it! Love looking at your pictures and commentary.

We loved Sabors' margaritas too!

Was wondering if you're in 9572? If so, the reason it has a blue lounger, is because my husband went and got it!😃

Yes! We were in 9572! Thank your husband for the lounger! When we returned to our room last night after dinner, it was gone!!! 😳

The promenade has this retractable disco ball type doohickey that changes color... Pretty cool

824259A8-FDE9-4C88-8F23-76FB5B3B9297_zps7swhkqlm.jpg

23D9AB31-A95E-4380-8CEC-FE5E6D88364C_zpsjqxwjsx7.jpg

70's night...get to the promenade early if you want a seat where you can few the festivities. Either Vintages or the Two Poets pub are the best choices.

D57F2558-6E94-4A13-B8F3-B92AC615BD5C_zps8gcjofkr.jpg

ADAF62F5-62B0-4F1A-AC85-2D324554C171_zpsfrlo5b2d.jpg

Pool and sports court

CB09E52A-7DDE-4D0E-AB4F-27F00031338E_zpshxjyhlnl.jpg

343008DF-892A-4468-A6A2-F43974869601_zpsn8stwtcs.jpg

The chapel... The first time I tried to grab a few photos here, I walked smack dab into the middle of a wedding ceremony! 😳

F7204D4D-3208-48DE-B029-6B1B68E5AA7A_zpsgjpt01dr.jpg

Who chose these colors for above the little altar area! Bleech!!!

15C032AF-18F6-428A-8F58-F6EC2FF3B15F_zpsuzafqqzo.jpg

Yes! We were in 9572! Thank your husband for the lounger! When we returned to our room last night after dinner, it was gone!!!

This is a little concerning to me. Don't the junior suites normally have a lounger on the balcony? We're in 9614 in a few weeks and I BETTER have a LOUNGER!!! :(:mad::(:mad:

This is a little concerning to me. Don't the junior suites normally have a lounger on the balcony? We're in 9614 in a few weeks and I BETTER have a LOUNGER!!! :(:mad::(:mad:

We had one lounger on our JS balcony on Navigator back in September.