Advice on departure time from Port of Miami and PAT

sampup333

We have a party of 8, including 4 young children. We have private transportation taking us from Port of Miami to FLL. Our flight leaves at 2:40, so we do not have a big time crunch. What time do you all suggest that I should have our van driver pick us up from Port of Miami on the morning of departure?

A second question is about the Port Arrival Time in Miami. I have never cruised with Disney before, so this PAT thing is new to me. Our PAT is 11:30. What time should we be dropped off at the port in light of that? Is 11:30 when you can get in line or should you already be in line by then? Thanks for your help.

PAT =Port Arrival Time. This is the time you should arrive at the port area (drop off time). And unless things have changed, you do not have a time of 11:30. You have a window..perhaps 11:30-12:00. You should arrive during this interval. Following the times given will minimize lines and waiting. Yes, they will take you if you arrive earlier or later for check in, but it won't get you on the ship any earlier--your boarding card number is tied to your scheduled PAT.

Example--if you arrive at 10:30, you will get into the terminal and checked in early, but you'll still wait for your number to be called before boarding...and your number won't change by arriving early.