Note to purchasers of "Cheers"

EastTex

We took a quick 5 day on the Elation last week and bought a "Cheers" package at boarding. After getting settled on the Lido deck, we opted to order a "Welcome Aboard" drink in a standard glass.

At the end of the cruise it appeared on our final bill as a $10.85 charge. I questioned the charge at Guest Services and was told it was a special drink that was not covered by Cheers, hence the charge. That kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, but was not worth arguing with them over, so let it stand.

Just passing it on, for what it's worth, to CC members.

This policy (no drink over $10.00 qualifies) is stated on the Carnival website. It was also told to us at time of purchasing the Cheers package. BTW, we were not allowed to purchase the package until nearly 24 hours after sailing. And gratuities were NOT included. (This was the 10/26/14 Magic sailing - 7 days)

Edited by texas greeneyes

This policy (no drink over $10.00 qualifies) is stated on the Carnival website. It was also told to us at time of purchasing the Cheers package. BTW, we were not allowed to purchase the package until nearly 24 hours after sailing. And gratuities were NOT included. (This was the 10/26/14 Magic sailing - 7 days)

You weren't allowed to purchase it until the second day because of Texas liquor laws. It's available to purchase on embarkation day out of most ports and a 15% gratuity is added onto the charge.

The drink in question, costing $10.85, probably includes the drink cost, tax and gratuity as it was charged separately and purchased while in port resulting in the drink cost being under $10.

(a) My memory is that the sail away drink was priced at under $8.95 plus tax while in port and plus gratuity. (b) You can buy into Cheers upon boarding on Elation © Gratuities are factored into the final price you pay from the outset.

Edited by EastTex

Did your receipt state 10.85? That just doesn't sound right.

We had plenty of DoD's on our Cheers package without a single charge. Only drink we got charged for was one off the Alchemy Bar that was AH-MAZING and it rang up at $10.

Did your receipt state 10.85? That just doesn't sound right.

We had plenty of DoD's on our Cheers package without a single charge. Only drink we got charged for was one off the Alchemy Bar that was AH-MAZING and it rang up at $10.

So does that mean drinks at Alchemy bar are not included in cheers I thought they were

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by lele100