Adventure of the Seas extensive bog review with photos

Nix111

Hi

I'm back from our Adventure of the seas adventure and have finished my final blog post and added photos, you can take a look here http://cruisemuses.blog.co.uk/2014/10/26/adventure-of-the-seas-half-term-cruise-part-19616597/ it's split across 3 posts, pat 2 and 3 cab found in the side navigation

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer.

All in all a great value cruise.

Thanks Nicky

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the review. We were onboard with you, and I think I even saw you in the 6 deck aft corridor one day. We had cabin 6680, last balcony on the port side, so almost next to you.

We had also excellent cruise. To top our experience; we were invited to dinner with Captain at Captain's Table on Halloween night, as Captain Toni is from Turku and we were the only Finnish people onboard, except Captain's brother (who actually was listed as Swedish, because he lives in Sweden). That was a night to remember, for sure!

Disembarkation was a nightmare since we did not realize we were not coming to same pier where we left from. We did not see any announcements about the change. Only noticed that in the morning when we looked out of the balcony. So our ride to Heathrow was booked to wrong pier. We got it sorted out, but it took a couple of phone calls.

I only regret not booking something new while onboard. That would defenately cure the blues.

Thanks for the review. We were onboard with you, and I think I even saw you in the 6 deck aft corridor one day. We had cabin 6680, last balcony on the port side, so almost next to you.

We had also excellent cruise. To top our experience; we were invited to dinner with Captain at Captain's Table on Halloween night, as Captain Toni is from Turku and we were the only Finnish people onboard, except Captain's brother (who actually was listed as Swedish, because he lives in Sweden). That was a night to remember, for sure!

Disembarkation was a nightmare since we did not realize we were not coming to same pier where we left from. We did not see any announcements about the change. Only noticed that in the morning when we looked out of the balcony. So our ride to Heathrow was booked to wrong pier. We got it sorted out, but it took a couple of phone calls.

I only regret not booking something new while onboard. That would defenately cure the blues.

Thanks for the response, shame we didn't meet on board, we were 6688 so directly opposite you, I love those aft cabins although the ones on Deck 7 are even bigger.

I'm a little jealous of your captain dinner invite, that has never happened to us in 10+ cruises although I suspect that may be as a captain would'nt relish dinner with a 6 year old, ketchup and white uniforms don't mix :) How lovely that they looked at nationalities on board when planning dinner guests, thats quite cool.

Sorry to hear your disembarkation was a nightmare, they really should have done some announcements, I went to reception to check and they seemed unaware it was a different dock rather worryingly.

We've already booked our next cruise, a cheeky 4 night taster on P & O from Southampton to Bruges and Guernsey in May, that sure helps cure the blues but I'm already thinking we may need something over Easter!

Thanks for reading

Nicky

Thanks, enjoyed your blog.

Made me smile as we were on Adventure about 10 weeks ago and we 'had' to book a half term cruise on Independent to get over the cruise blues :)

Glad you enjoyed the review, absolutely the only way to cure those cruise blues is to book another :) Thanks for the reply