Early assigned dining..

shellster1

I am sailing with my son and DH Thanksgiving week on the Splendor. I always have signed up for my time dine in the past, but my little son really wants to experience a "real" Thanksgiving dinner, at a "big table with lots of people", like he sees on movies.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I opted for early assigned dining. I was wondering what it's like. Will they seat us by ourselves, or with other guests? Should I arrive early to ask for a big table? I'm so nervous about this. I just want so much for it to be perfect for him. I hope our table mates are friendly and don't mind sitting with a seven year old. I hope they like us.

For requesting a later table, you will need to talk to the Maitre d' on embarkation day at the time and location listed in the Fun Times. To expedite the request and handle prior to boarding the ship, Carnival's brand ambassador will be able to assist you.

As it stands, you may or may not be seated with other guests. It is determined by logistics on a YMMV basis. You will initially be located where it makes it convenient for the maitre d' or whoever assists him with seating arrangements.

More than likely you will be seated by yourselves. If you want to sit at a larger table, once you board the ship you could go see the Maître D and ask him to move yall to a big table. He does try to accommodate most requests.

Shellster, have you signed up for your Rollcall on the Rollcall board. You can meet people who are on your sailing - and maybe find some people there that you would want to eat dinner with. If so, ask them if you can link your reservation to their reservation for dining, and then tell your PVP that you linked up with someone else.

That's one idea. My DH and I normally cruise alone. We like to get early seating and we have always been assigned to a large table. I am in awe of whoever comes up with the seating arrangements because it seems that we are seated with like minded people, in our age group. I think every cruise we have ever taken, we have never, ever have been disappointed with our table mates. We always have a good time at dinner.

I hope you and your son have a wonderful time!

I am sailing with my son and DH Thanksgiving week on the Splendor. I always have signed up for my time dine in the past, but my little son really wants to experience a "real" Thanksgiving dinner, at a "big table with lots of people", like he sees on movies.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I opted for early assigned dining. I was wondering what it's like. Will they seat us by ourselves, or with other guests? Should I arrive early to ask for a big table? I'm so nervous about this. I just want so much for it to be perfect for him. I hope our table mates are friendly and don't mind sitting with a seven year old. I hope they like us.

On our last cruise, we signed up for the 6pm dining. I emailed the Maitre D and requested that we be assigned a table by the window, and would prefer being seated with other people (we are a family of 4...my wife thought it would be fun for a change, but I was hesitant). Anyway, we were assigned an interior half-booth table for 4. Oh well. Looking in our are of the dining room, it appeared all the larger tables were occupied by bigger families or groups as I did not notice any introduction amongst the folks on the first night. Small sample size I know.

Pont is, expect to be seated by yourself as not to be disappointed, and if they put you with others, all the better.

For what it's worth, I chose assigned dining in August when it was just me and my 9yo GS. We were seated with 3 other pairs of single adults traveling with a single child. It turned out wonderfully, the kids had a ball and the adults took turns sharing a bottle of wine every night.