Cunard - Queen Mary 2 - WB TA from Southampton, December 15, 2014

AlexDouglass

So - anyone else on board with us?

We're looking forward to our second crossing, but the first in winter. We're a quiet-ish couple, early 50s and mid-40s, experienced travelers and fond of good meals and a glass of Champagne - hoping to find some amusing people to pass some time in the Commodore's Club or doing trivia at the Golden Lion...

My husband and I are part of the Pied Piper group on the December 15th crossing. This is our first TA and 2nd trip on QM2. We are early 60s/early 50s, well travelled, and love Champagne - we met while drinking it 20 years ago and haven't stopped. We'd love to connect for a glass or a cocktail.

Howard & Bill

Goodness - I hadn't know there was a PP group on this crossing. Any idea of how many? On our last cruise there was, of all things, a Paula Deen group (led by the lady herself of course); unlike that, this sounds like a bunch we'd like to spend time with!

I do hope there will still be some general "friend of Dorothy" (or whatever the term of art is these days) gatherings in addition to the PP-exclusives, and it would be lovely to meet up.

I am not sure how big the PP group is - they are always vague when you ask, stating only that a host has been assigned. However, the FOD/LGBT meetings still take place. It shouldn't be a problem to meet either there or separately for drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be part of the PP group as well, traveling with a very FOD-friendly lady friend (in an adjoining cabin!).

I've done a bunch of PP cruises over the years, and this is my 8th trip on Cunard. It'll be Vicki's first on Cunard. I had taken some time off from the very formal evenings, but I'm looking forward to putting the tux on again.

We're leaving for a few days in London prior to the cruise on December 10. Seven sea days will be wonderful.

Husband (mid 30s) and I (mid 40s) taking my mother for her retirement on this trip. It's her first trip on QM2 and our second crossing. Spending a few days in London before embarking on December 15. Looking forward to catching up during the FOD cocktail hours.