Ultimate Drinks Package

EDL

Hi, can anyone tell me what drinks are not included in the Ultimate Drinks a Package ?

All alcoholic drinks $10 and under are included. Any drinks over $10 would cost you the amount over $10.

All glasses of wine $12 and under are included. Any glasses of wine over $12 would cost you the amount over $12.

Yes was hoping to get sparkling wine on the deal. Even better champagne ?

One of the nice features about the unlimited drink packages is the ability to get 20% off of bottles of wine and champagne.

All alcoholic drinks $10 and under are included. Any drinks over $10 would cost you the amount over $10.

All glasses of wine $12 and under are included. Any glasses of wine over $12 would cost you the amount over $12.

Bob, just curious if you've tracked how many drink package questions you've responded to... And you're always correct, so thanks for keeping us in line!

Bob, just curious if you've tracked how many drink package questions you've responded to... And you're always correct, so thanks for keeping us in line!

Not sure if I'm always correct, but I appreciate the kind words.:)

I always get the Ultimate package and have yet to have an issue with any drink I have ordered. It may not be official, but the bartenders seem to have a pretty liberal attitude towards the Ultimate package since they often think almost everything is included. But, I have not personally ordered the truly high end scotches, etc.

But at any rate, there seem to be very few alcoholic drinks not included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can get glasses of Domaine Chandon (sparkling wine) on the package, as well as a variety of "champagne" cocktails made with Domaine Chandon at the Champagne Bar (if applicable - I sailed on Freedom), but there was no champagne under $12 when I cruised in June.

Here is an old file with included alcohols, and a PDF with the drinks listed with pricing.

There are wines, sparkling wines, champagnes, and spirits under the $12 cap. If you want a 15$ glass of wine you pay the $3 difference.

They have changed the drink cap for cocktails to $12 from the original $10, this can be found on royal caribbeans website under drink packages

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Beverage-Package.-whats-included.jpg.42abf9a85ee23bf4cf95389d16867449.jpg

RC Cruise Drink pricing.docx

If you go to add a package to your cart through Cruise Planner, and you select the Ultimate package, it is 55$ per day + an additional 15%(shows up as a service charge, its actually gratuity), so you are actually paying $63.25 per day with gratuity. Multiply that X the amount of NIGHTS, not days and you will get your total for your cruise!

I chose to go with the Premium Package because I do not need sparkling water, fresh squeezed OJ or specialty coffee.

You get regular juice from concentrate with the Premium Package and bottled still water, and regular coffee/tea.

The additional $6 base rate per day for fresh squeezed and special coffee wasn't worth it to me. The alcohol in the Ultimate package is the same EXACT stuff in the Premium.

All packages include the fountain soda cup with use of freestyle machines and fountain soda from the bars, along with the discount on bottles of wines.

My premium package is $49 per day x the 4 nights +15% gratuity = $225.40

Hope this helps!

On a related not, I read on here or saw a video (don't remember) that you can get a 2oz. glass of a variety of nice wines at Vintages for $12.50.

That was the selling point for me to get a drink package. It will cost me 50 cents more per glass, but that's fine.

However, I am concerned they may have changed Vintages and the menu etc...

I will be on FoS.

Does anyone know?

On a related not, I read on here or saw a video (don't remember) that you can get a 2oz. glass of a variety of nice wines at Vintages for $12.50.

That was the selling point for me to get a drink package. It will cost me 50 cents more per glass, but that's fine.

However, I am concerned they may have changed Vintages and the menu etc...

I will be on FoS.

Does anyone know?

Those are called wine flights and they are not included in any package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of RC's promotions from Nov to Jan is unlimited Moet&Chandon champagne ($17/glass) and a limited edition bottle of champagne in your room with the purchase of the Ultimate Package. This was the deal maker for me.:cool:

One of RC's promotions from Nov to Jan is unlimited Moet&Chandon champagne ($17/glass) and a limited edition bottle of champagne in your room with the purchase of the Ultimate Package. This was the deal maker for me.:cool:

Where did you see that special and how do I sign up??? --- Okay nevermind that question. I found the answer on the RCI website. But now I have another questions --- can I upgrade my beverage package once I'm onboard?? Or do I have to cancel the one I have and repurchase the Ultimate? I purchased the Premium package - but I love the sparking wines and champagnes - so that would be worth upgrading to the Ultimate for me. Any advice??

Edited by MerriWthr
Different Questions

Those are called wine flights and they are not included in any package.

The menu I saw showed the wine flights, but they also had many wines listed that are sold outside of that by the glass (2oz. and/or 5oz.). I'll just assume they aren't included as the RCI drink package fine print states that "super premium category beverages" are excluded.

I am a bit disappointed now. I probably shouldn't have bothered with the drink package [and read the fine print more carefully!!].