Your favorite bar on the Quantum?

pmkejk

Another major change that RCI have implemented for the Quantum is that the bar staff are not on rotation. This means that they will stay their entire contract at the same bar. Many of the staff on the Quantum TA were only there for the opening and will be transferring back to other ships as early as December. Otherwise, the idea is that staff are to get very 'comfortable' at 'their' venue.

I liked the concept of the Sunshine Bar in the Solarium with 'healthy' cocktails to go along with the concept of Divinly Decadence at the Solarium Bistro. This bar also offered smoothies. (The juice smoothies here are not included in packages according to the bar staff)

Boleros on Quantum was very good and the bar staff were excellent. The staff were all Latin and the venue had a very 'authentic' charm.

The tapas at Vintages were from Jamie Oliver's and not traditional Spanish tapas and very limited and that did not appeal to me, but others might find it good. The bar was very well located and furnished very comfortably.

Why they called the bar in Two70 an 'Ice Bar' was beyond me. Maybe the lighted bar backdrop was supposed to somehow 'look' like ice, but the location provided very good views for events along with very competent bar staff. It was nice to be able to stay a while after a show or event.

The upper level of the music hall on deck 4 was converted into a part of the Diamond lounge and they did a pretty good job. It was not as good as Blaze used for 'overflow' on Oasis, but it was nice to have a bar that could be connected directly to the Diamond Lounge when it was crowded and also give access to live or other entertainment. The sea views were also appreciated early on with the waves crashing by on the first part of the TA. They did have to start asking to see Seapass Cards occasionally as some non-Diamonds were 'crashing' this venue for free drinks.

Thanks to both of you for sharing.

We will be on the Dec 1 cruise and are trying to decide if we should get a drink package.

We are diamond + and have access to the concierge lounge, but after reading how crowded it is, makes me think that getting the package will be worth it.

It's hard to say. I was speaking with the bar manager and they are going with each bar is an experience. Drinks found at one bar will not be found at any other bar. Each bar has specifics it sells/markets. Beers and wine were very specific to a bar.

I enjoyed 270, downstairs bar at Music Hall, Enclosed pool bar and Schooner.

We are diamond + and have access to the concierge lounge, but after reading how crowded it is, makes me think that getting the package will be worth it.

I am Diamond and what I would do is check out how things are handled on your specific cruise. You can then add a beverage package any day up to the final four days for the duration of the sailing.

It is pretty much confirmed that from December the Concierge lounge on Quantum will go over to be a Gold Card only lounge with the Diamond Lounge serving D and D+ and above.

I have met couples on both the Oasis and Quantum TA's that really did make good use of their beverage packages though, even as D and D+.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering how the bar service was handled in the dining rooms? Do they still have bartenders who come around or do the waiters do that? Did you find bar service to be similar to other ships? How were the specialty drinks for each dining room?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MADFlyer, could you please state your source as to the accessibility of the CL on Quantum?

Discussion with Hotel Director and a Pinnacle member onboard Quantum.

The overcrowding will be addressed in the best possible manner. Most D+ and Pinnacles were enjoying the D Lounge and Music Hall overflow on the TA. It was stated that the change would most likely take place in December, but it will be interesting to see how it progresses.

The Coastal Kitchen change was done mid-cruise on the TA to state that it is only for Gold Card holders, although reservations already made will be honored.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering how the bar service was handled in the dining rooms? Do they still have bartenders who come around or do the waiters do that? Did you find bar service to be similar to other ships? How were the specialty drinks for each dining room?

The waiters use tablets to place food and beverage orders. There seems to be some sort of central system for the four 'complementary' venues.

The Coastal Kitchen waiter sold the wine directly but was supported by a 'wine expert' and the venue manager.

At Wonderland all contact was with the designated waiter for food and beverage orders.

The Sunshine Bar was outside Devinly Decadence and sold the same cocktails directly in the Solarium, while supporting the venue.

The waiters use tablets to place food and beverage orders. There seems to be some sort of central system for the four 'complementary' venues.

The Coastal Kitchen waiter sold the wine directly but was supported by a 'wine expert' and the venue manager.

At Wonderland all contact was with the designated waiter for food and beverage orders.

The Sunshine Bar was outside Devinly Decadence and sold the same cocktails directly in the Solarium, while supporting the venue.

Wonderful info, thanks!!

Discussion with Hotel Director and a Pinnacle member onboard Quantum.

The overcrowding will be addressed in the best possible manner. Most D+ and Pinnacles were enjoying the D Lounge and Music Hall overflow on the TA. It was stated that the change would most likely take place in December, but it will be interesting to see how it progresses.

The Coastal Kitchen change was done mid-cruise on the TA to state that it is only for Gold Card holders, although reservations already made will be honored.

Thanks for the information. I do hope they take into account that the TA had an extreme number of higher level C&A members on board. As a D+ I just want a chance to see the CL as it looks wonderful.