How Kid/Family Friendly is Quantum?

WMeda

To those that have already been on the ship...

This may sound like a crazy question considering all the kid friendly activities on-board Quantum of the Seas but I've been hearing many comments about how this ship reminds people more of a Celebrity ship, even pictures of some of the inside venues appear to be more upscale than a typical RCCL ship.

With the launch of Dynamic Dining, the restaurants (and menu's) appear to be higher end than we are used to seeing.

Just curious to hear from families that have been on-board (and maybe there aren't many yet) how the family experience compares to that on other RCCL ships. My kids are 14 and 10 so we're not talking about babies.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been on, but I have a hard time to imagine any child not having a fantastic time. Especially teens and pre-teens. Four of them in my group - 12, 15, 16 and 18.

BrianAlt,

Hope you enjoyed the Sampler.

Wondering if you're thoughts were confirmed after spending a few days on the ship.

Thanks.

We went without kids on 2 nighter. Mine are 6 & 13. Honestly, I was missing them... they surely would have tons of fun. Look how much for them to do. We are taking them for 3 nighter on Anthem in 2016ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

SEAPLEX is amazing. Design for colder weather, so sure.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thanks, it definitely looks like there is enough to do. Mine are 10 and 14.

WONDERFUL for kids over 6 years of age, my 4 year old was too little for everything except iFly though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

4 years old too young for IFly, I think. He would like bumper cars but you have to ride with him. By the way, kids allowed use of pools in Solarium in inclement weather. We saw young kids in hot tubs as well.

4 years old too young for IFly, I think. He would like bumper cars but you have to ride with him. By the way, kids allowed use of pools in Solarium in inclement weather. We saw young kids in hot tubs as well.

No, 4 year olds are NOT allowed on the bumper cars as a passenger, 6 is the minimum age. And 4 is absolutely NOT too young for iFly, apparently the age is 3. She loved it though :D ImageUploadedByForums1417215865.215104.jpg.3e0c9c0169e6fb7a9f93262d88143387.jpg

what about the xbox, is there a time limit, I know it's hard for those "gamers" to get off, and everyone needs a chance to play, how does that work?

I have not seen any rules posted but doesn't mean they don't exists. Maybe it shuts down after certain time. There a 5 stations with 2 controls each. There are also foosball tables and air hokey tables around Seaplex. First come first serve.

what about the xbox, is there a time limit, I know it's hard for those "gamers" to get off, and everyone needs a chance to play, how does that work?

No, there is no time limit. All the times I was there people were kind at giving others a chance.

Really? But isn't there another pool next to the solarium that is enclosed?

Really? But isn't there another pool next to the solarium that is enclosed?

Yes, there is. I'm very surprised that kids would be allowed in the Solarium for this reason. I didn't even walk in there to take pics because I had the kids with :(

No, 4 year olds are NOT allowed on the bumper cars as a passenger, 6 is the minimum age. And 4 is absolutely NOT too young for iFly, apparently the age is 3. She loved it though :D

That's ridiculous. Most other "rides" go by height/weight and not age. My son, whom will be five shortly, is almost four feet tall which is a normal height for a 6/7 year old. So they say he can't ride as a passenger but can use iFly as well as ice skate on the other ships??? That makes no sense.

Edit:

Just for my own personal knowledge, I looked up a Disney bumper car ride restrictions. 7 years old to ride alone. Height, 36 inches to ride either as a passenger or driver. Seems to be logical.

Edited by Mass2Cruise

That's ridiculous. Most other "rides" go by height/weight and not age. My son, whom will be five shortly, is almost four feet tall which is a normal height for a 6/7 year old. So they say he can't ride as a passenger but can use iFly as well as ice skate on the other ships??? That makes no sense.

Edit:

Just for my own personal knowledge, I looked up a Disney bumper car ride restrictions. 7 years old to ride alone. Height, 36 inches to ride either as a passenger or driver. Seems to be logical.

Nobody asking for age or checking See PASS. IF He looks older and tall nobody will prevent him from riding as a second person in the car.

Nobody asking for age or checking See PASS. IF He looks older and tall nobody will prevent him from riding as a second person in the car.

Ha. I figured I would have to fill out a waiver for him just like for ice skating on other ships and therefore they'd check. I did just write to the company in any event because the policy makes no sense to begin with. Maybe it will spark a change...

Official response from Royal:

"I appreciate the chance to clear up any mis-information about sports activities. Per the sports manager onboard, you need to be at least 5 years old to ride in the bumper cars and 8 years old to drive. Please note, if you are going to drive the car, you also need to be at least 42 inches tall.

Also, the restriction for Ripcord by IFly, is 3 years old. While this sounds young, there is an attendant inside the tube with when using this 'ride' so the guidelines are more lenient. I also checked on our Circus at Sea program. The age to participate in that is 6. Don't forget, we also have roller skating and the flowrider available. Surfing does require guests to be at least 48 inches tall, however, you only have to be 42 inches tall to boogie board"

Official response from Royal:

"I appreciate the chance to clear up any mis-information about sports activities. Per the sports manager onboard, you need to be at least 5 years old to ride in the bumper cars and 8 years old to drive. Please note, if you are going to drive the car, you also need to be at least 42 inches tall.

Also, the restriction for Ripcord by IFly, is 3 years old. While this sounds young, there is an attendant inside the tube with when using this 'ride' so the guidelines are more lenient. I also checked on our Circus at Sea program. The age to participate in that is 6. Don't forget, we also have roller skating and the flowrider available. Surfing does require guests to be at least 48 inches tall, however, you only have to be 42 inches tall to boogie board"

I would take a printout of that with you onboard, in case you get any conflicting info from the staff. Maybe it would help.