Galaxy, 2A staterooms

Maryfred

We've just made reservations on one of the final Galaxy cruises out of Galveston, going to the Panama Canal. I know some very helpful fellow cruisers will be able to tell me of whether the bathrooms in 2As have showers or tubs.

This cruise is in March, and although we live in Galveston county, where we are use to hot weather, I wonder how warm it could be in Panama, and Costa Rica that time of the year.

Also wonder if anyone else has heard if Galveston will get any other ships that will have these round trip cruises to Panama and back? We knew we would be sorry if we didn't do it while we can.

Mary

What date are you going in March - we are on the March 9th cruise - if you are on the same one click on the Celebrity Roll Calls and join us over there - there are several of us cruising them. I can't answer your question about the bathtub because we haven't been on the Galaxy before. We were of the same mindset that we wanted to do this cruise while it was available out of Galveston.

We've just made reservations on one of the final Galaxy cruises out of Galveston, going to the Panama Canal. I know some very helpful fellow cruisers will be able to tell me of whether the bathrooms in 2As have showers or tubs.

This cruise is in March, and although we live in Galveston county, where we are use to hot weather, I wonder how warm it could be in Panama, and Costa Rica that time of the year.

Also wonder if anyone else has heard if Galveston will get any other ships that will have these round trip cruises to Panama and back? We knew we would be sorry if we didn't do it while we can.

Mary

No non-suite cabins, and that includes CC cabins, have tubs. Only in suites.

It'll be plenty warm in Panama and Costa Rica. Those showers are going to feel really good. The temperature doesn't really shift around all that much during the course of the year.

RCCL has a ship that leaves from Galveston for just a couple of cruises of 9/10 nights ("Splendour of the Seas") and while it shadows the Galaxy for a couple of days, Galaxy heads for Panama, the Splendour heads to Belize and never sees Panama.

Thank you Canderson. I knew someone would know. The drawing in the brochure looked like it might be a large shower, but couldn't be sure. That's what we prefer.

Hi Tabasco. We'll be on the cruise after you, and I've already signed in with our Roll Call. It's unbelievable all we find out here. It really helped with our Alaska cruise this past May.

And, Teri, of course I don't know, but bet someone will read this thread and give you an answer.

Mary

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I can't answer your question. I have one of my own. Is it true that the Category 2A and CC cabins not house more than three people?

Thanks,

Teri

All I can say is that I ended up booking a suite for my family of 4 on the Galaxy because the balcony cabins could not be booked for more than 3 people. I was told back then that Celebrity had just discontinued the practice of allowing 4 people in non-suite balcony cabins because the space was just too tight making for unhappy and disappointed customers.

Archived