Weight Loss Cruise Program?

blacklabcaleb

Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Just follow these simple guidelines:

1) You don't have to eat everything.

2) The food at the buffet will still be there.

3) Use a small bowl or plate to eat from at the buffet; it will help you with potion control.

4) The food potions in the MDR are small and will help with dieting and/or appetite control. You will literally have to say to the waitstaff you want more food / dishes.

5)Remember to drink water or non-sweetened beverages for appetite control and to hydrated yourself.

6) What Scrapnana said - You're on vacation on a cruise ship, live a little. You might actually lose weight due to walking everywhere and climbing the stairs on top of using the gym.

Thanks for the good advice. I am diabetic and have worked very hard to control it this year, and I don't want to backslide even a little because I could lead to very bad consequences.

To understand think of any kind of addict - there is no such thing as a little indulging.

I do plan to exercise hard during the cruise, but even a little slip can undo all that work.

I got another good tip today which was to have room service for breakfast and avoid the buffet. Oatmeal, Egg Whites, and fruit are all available. I guess I can do that for other meals as well, but that would not be much fun.