Starbucks on board question

Not certain but about 99.9% sure the answer is no because you aren't paying Starbucks you are paying Royal Caribbean.

In essence you are already cashless because it will just get charged to your room, you don't pay cash/credit card for it (at least in my experience)

Edited by jticarruthers

Can't seem to find this answer.

Can you use your iPhone app to pay cashless at on board Starbucks?

thank you

I seem to recall someone saying they could not use their phone, however they could use Starbucks gift cards.

Note that this is only on Oasis or Allure. No other ships have an actual Starbucks venue.

You can use gift cards purchased in the US, but not ones purchased in Canada, or presumably elsewhere.

Never tried personally, but there's no reason a Canadian Starbucks Card shouldn't work on board - they run on the same system as the US cards and work everywhere that the US ones do.

Can't seem to find this answer.

Can you use your iPhone app to pay cashless at on board Starbucks?

thank you

While on Navigator in Oct.... I asked if I could use my card to get my free drink reward.... The answer was no. Had to go on the seapass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This question has two answers. If the Starbucks is a "full" Starbucks, like on Oasis and Allure etc, than you can use your gift card. If you use your iPhone, remember, it would have you data on, and cost might occur. Use the gold card, or gift card.

On ships that sell Starbucks, but in their own coffee shop, than the answer is no.

As far as I know, Starbucks is the only "independent" store on any ship.

This question has two answers. If the Starbucks is a "full" Starbucks, like on Oasis and Allure etc, than you can use your gift card. If you use your iPhone, remember, it would have you data on, and cost might occur. Use the gold card, or gift card.

On ships that sell Starbucks, but in their own coffee shop, than the answer is no.

As far as I know, Starbucks is the only "independent" store on any ship.

This. Remember if you can use your iphone for this, you will be incurring roaming data charges, which can add up.

While on Navigator in Oct.... I asked if I could use my card to get my free drink reward.... The answer was no. Had to go on the seapass.

Which makes sense, as there is no actual "Starbucks" on Navigator. There are Starbucks stores only on Oasis and Allure.

And even on O and A, you cannot redeem rewards.

Just of Oasis and they would accept both the Starbucks Card and could use the app on our phone

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I was thinking this would probably be the answer. Not sure why anyone would incur data/roaming charges when they are the ones processing an image of your card from your phone. You would just wait until you're back in the states, turn your data on, and your card would update with whatever was removed/earned on the ship, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's because Navigator does not have a Starbucks store onboard. The Cafe uses Starbucks products but it is not a true Starbucks store.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This. Remember if you can use your iphone for this, you will be incurring roaming data charges, which can add up.

Not true. The Starbucks app just shows a barcode in the app or in Passbook (on iOS). You don't need data for this. Assuming you have your Starbucks card set to auto top-up you wouldn't need any data access at all.

Not true. The Starbucks app just shows a barcode in the app or in Passbook (on iOS). You don't need data for this. Assuming you have your Starbucks card set to auto top-up you wouldn't need any data access at all.

Would it be able to generate the barcode if it doesn't have access to your account?

Would it be able to generate the barcode if it doesn't have access to your account?

The barcode doesn't change, so as long as you've accessed the app before boarding you can save your Starbucks card to Passbook (at least on iOS) or in the app and it doesn't need any data.

Try it and see: switch on Airplane mode and launch the app. I'm basing this on the UK Starbucks card, but my understanding is that the same app applied internationally as I can register USD cards in my app.