Looking for cruise & park reviews - JAX

zippydoda1

Anyone have feedback for park & cruise at either of these places?

https://www.vipparknride.com/

http://jetwayparking.com/ edit.gif

We used VIP one time. Going to the ship was fine, coming back was crazy. The shuttle was practically full and we were less than two miles from arriving back at the VIP lot when the driver was told to turn around and go all the way back to the port to pick up two more passengers????

So from debarking, waiting and riding in the shuttle it took almost an hour to pick up our car.

Jacksonville is the one port we prefer to park at the port. Much more convenient.

We used VIP one time. Going to the ship was fine, coming back was crazy. The shuttle was practically full and we were less than two miles from arriving back at the VIP lot when the driver was told to turn around and go all the way back to the port to pick up two more passengers????

So from debarking, waiting and riding in the shuttle it took almost an hour to pick up our car.

Jacksonville is the one port we prefer to park at the port. Much more convenient.

What time will the port let you park. Every port I have been to was around 930. I seen someone post that they won't let you in that early. The stay and park places I have called don't leave till 1130. Not sure where to get a hotel and park at the port or what

What time will the port let you park. Every port I have been to was around 930. I seen someone post that they won't let you in that early. The stay and park places I have called don't leave till 1130. Not sure where to get a hotel and park at the port or what

In Jacksonville do NOT arrive at the port before 10:30 or you will more than likely be turned around and made to come back. Tried to tell hubby this and we wound up sitting in a gas station parking lot for 45 min.....UGH!!!

We have enjoyed all of our sailings on the Fascination but keep in mind this port is one of the slowest to debark passengers so this is why they are slow to let the next batch of cruisers in any earlier.

We used Jetway Parking in February when we cruised out of Jacksonville.

We arrived there early and were on the first shuttle to the port. We did have to go to a different area for them to check all our citizenship paperwork but it was still not too time consuming.

They dropped us off right in front of the port building - a porter came and got our luggage and into the building we went.

We did have to wait a few minutes or pick up when we debarked but it wasn't too bad except that it was freezing cold that morning and we weren't really prepared jacket wise.

If Jace is still the CD (he was assistant when we were on) you will probably debark very early. We were off the ship, back to our car and on the road by around 9 I think. We did do the self assist though.

Hope this helps. I do have a review which talks some about parking if you are interested. Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992968